Tech drawing ideas for timber wheelie bin enclosure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would anybody know where I could find any design plans/drawings for a timber enclosure to accommodate two wheelie bins (240litre). Despite checking out the interweb I cannot seem to procure anything that looks remotely relevant. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I prefer the Bond Villain approach to wheelie bin storage! :p

ecochute_sequence.jpg

Sponsored Links
missed the plot,i read that twice before it smacked me round the chops :oops:

:LOL: :LOL:

Foxhole: Well I originally tried doing this and came up with a fair few that looked like they might be appropriate with a view to purchase. Then reading some of the reviews it was clear that the photos were misleading and the quality experienced upon delivery utterly poor, even for around £300ish. This one is described as hardwood (though perhaps not a guarantee of quality) and is £430. The slight concern with this is that there is a base rail (batten?) that will make withdrawing the bins from the enclosure rather too arduous for our local refuse folk, so it would be an advantage to have such a structure without this feature. That is when I hit on the radical idea of reaching for the toolbox and rustling up one of my own making.

Maybe I should do knock up some drawings and pass these under the noses of those with sufficient patience to do a bit of adjudicating? Just do not expect textbook standards, though.

Freddy: Now that would solve the problem. Trouble is I don’t think that Blofeld (and other doers of evil) have to submit planning applications to the London Borough of Camden.

I am at a loss as to why you feel the need to put a bin into a wooden box.

I am at a loss as to why you feel the need to put a bin into a wooden box.

I can, hardly nice seeing rows upon rows of them, also less likely for them to get nicked, which happens a lot round my way..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back