Tecnik fridge freezer failure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Tecnik fridge freezer (Model TKR 6245-LH #781304300050303) is failing to cool.
The compressor is not running but the internal fan is when the thermostat is set cold. This leads me to believe the thermostat is operating correctly.
I have measured the resistance between the three pins on the compressor and they are approx: 10 Ohms, 12 ohms and 22 ohms which I think sounds about right (two of the windings add up to the value of the third reading).
I have replaced the compressor starter/relay module to no avail.
I have checked the wiring/connections to the best of my ability (no cct diagram) and not found anything amiss.
The fridge is about 8 years old and I believe it is basically a Whirlpool model.
I suspect either the compressor is dead anyway or the gas has leaked out. If anyone has any other ideas please help as I don't really want to buy a new one unless I have to!
Thanks in advance,
Jon. :(

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back