Telephone/Broadband SKY+ problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else have this setup? main telephone line downstairs, sky tv in living room connected to a slave phone line, sky tv upstairs connected to a slave phone line, but I want broadband in, what about the adsl filter? will these need to be wire through my main line and every other line in the house? i'm totally baffled and thinking of getting a second phone line put in!

Sponsored Links
with adsl you have basically two choices (though hybrids are possible)

you can put a filter at every bit of phone apparatus. This means no messing with the install but can get a bit untidy

or you can put a filter at the entry point and route the ADSL wiring seperately from there. this can be a neater soloution (especially if you get one of clarities filters that fit on a NTE5 and let you attatch both phone and broadband wiring to the back) but needs a seperate pair from the intake point to the DSL modem.

thanks for the reply, will the filter work fine if i just put it on every phone socket in the house, or does it need to be connected to the main line into the house, i'm still a bit confused

i'm really eager to get broadband in quickly, xbox 360 xbox live!!!, HD TV 5.1 speakers, sony vaio laptop!!! i want it now, and i can't wait

Sponsored Links
The Wholesaler said:
i'm really eager to get broadband in quickly
yes, we gathered.

Buy a few splitters and put one on each socket. Easiest solution.

You could use some of these, tidyer than plugin filters, just replace the exsisting face plates, and not too bad a price either when you consisder the plugin filter prices.

45725i0.jpg

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=45725&criteria=adsl&doy=16m3

You could use an inline filter (expensive option) but then you'd need to split off adsl sockets/telephone sockets which would be a pain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back