Tepid Water and flashing LED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i have a Sabre 25HE boiler. I have noticed the led has been flashing every 0.5secs (as opposed to the usual once every 6 secs) when the boiler is not calling for heating nor hot water during the rest periods in between.
(it only goes to the normal 6 seconds flash when the the boiler is in 'off' mode)

The instructions indicate this is a temporary fault (eg APS fault or low water pressure).

The water is also rather lukewarm.

Should i try ajusting the DHW flow switch to see if this helps or call for assistance. The instructions booklet recommends the action required for this fault simply as 'wait' .........?

Sponsored Links
I would first ask you to confirm the system pressure!

Hi

The pressure gauge is just reading over 0.5 bar reaching up to 0.7 bar but never getting near 1 bar. (the manual states it should be between 0.5 bar and 1.5 bar).
Although when the boiler is in the off position the pressure guage has dropped to under 0.5bar.

Hi

The pressure gauge is just reading over 0.5 bar reaching up to 0.7 bar but never getting near 1 bar. (the manual states it should be between 0.5 bar and 1.5 bar).
Although when the boiler is in the off position the pressure guage has dropped to under 0.5bar.

Sponsored Links
Well the pressure should be set to about 1.5 Bar. You should increase it and if you really dont know how to do that then look in the FAQ section on this web site.

The boiler is only reacting correctly and telling you the pressure is too low!

Tony

Hi
Thanks for the advice, i dont know how to adjust the pressure myself of the boiler myself but im sure i can find a handy person to have a look at that for me. At least i have a good idea now that the pressure is the root of my flashing light and lukewarm water problems.

Thanks again!

Look in the FAQ section on this web site !!!

The tepid water might be caused by something else but until you have corrected the pressure you dont know.

Tony

Hi Tony

Yes i had a look at the FAQ on this and have worked out how to top up the system - it was easier than i thought! I topped up the pressure to 1.5 bar this morning before leaving for work. When i get home tonight will run a bath to see if this has solved the tepid water problem and report back.

:rolleyes:

Still having problems - i repressurised the boiler to 1.5 bar mid last week. it has since dropped again over the course of the last 3 days to 1 bar. Is this normal? Does this indicate a leak. Warning light is still flashing every 0.5 secs..... it did not used to do this..
Help !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back