Terms & Conditions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We supply and fit multi fuel stoves and are a newly established company.
Can anyone advise us on T & C's to keep us covered. As you can imagine fitting these appliances can be v messy no matter what precautions are taken. Also any ideas, apart from the obviouse, as to how to minimise mess. Thanks for comments

Sponsored Links
T&C should read 'We take full responsibility for any mess or damaged caused during installation' Under those T&C it will make you take the appropriate precautions to minimise mess and damage. What would you do if it was in your house??? :rolleyes:

Existing consumer/contract law covers most eventualities, so unless there is something specific which you want to cover against (and if you are actually able to include such things without them being unenforceable under contract law) then you just need to keep the T&C's simple and basic

Payment, warranties, access and scope of work are the basics

Sponsored Links
I'd suggest writing a list of common sense terms - try an think of everything such as...

Payment terms
Access
Cancellation rights
Disposal of rubbish
What happens if things go wrong (the chimney falls down when you are fitting the new stove)
Exclusions ~(what not included)
Guarantees
Complaints procedure

Then, when your list is complete, run it past your local trading standards department. I've always found them to be extremely helpful and they will point out any terms which may not comply with current consumer legislation.

Robert

Then, when your list is complete, run it past your local trading standards department. I've always found them to be extremely helpful and they will point out any terms which may not comply with current consumer legislation.
What a sensible suggestion!!

Trading Standards are there for the benefit of both trader and customer.

Back