terrier circulating pump good as grundfos ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have been supplied a terrier tc6 in lieu of a grundfos 15-60 that i ordered (on the internet). same body size, but am i right in thinking that grundfos are regarded as the most reliable pumps?

i paid £62 for it and i could have had the terrier elsewhere for £40.

as an aside - what does the 15-60 stand for?
rog

Sponsored Links
i have been supplied a terrier tc6 in lieu of a grundfos 15-60 that i ordered (on the internet).
If the item was described as a Grundfos pump (not like Grundfos), you should complain to the supplier and informed Ebay or whoever? If it was a trade supplier you should definitely go back to them and insist they provide what you ordered. If they refuse, seek advice from Trading Standards.

Having said that, Terrier products have a good reputation and there is a good chance that their pumps are made for them by Grundfos.

yes even on the delivery note it says grundfos.

i don't know whether to ask for a discount or a return/exchange.

roger

even on the delivery note it says grundfos.
So the goods are not "as described". In which case get on to the supplier - I assume it was an online shop or an Ebay trade supplier - and tell them they have sent you the wrong pump; after all, they may have made a genuine mistake. If they refuse to change it, say that you will be getting Trading Standards involved. That should wake them up.

Sponsored Links
yes i have done, by email, and pointed out the price difference. they only list one type of pump. they are underfloor heating suppliers and probably regard them as interchangeable.

15-60 has a 6 metre head, the 15-50 has a 5 metre head. basically the 15-60 is a more powerful pump.

i'd either insist on getting it changed for the grundfos or refunded the difference as the terrier is a cheaper pump. personally i only fit grundfos as they are the quietest and most reliable ones in my experience over the last 7 years.

yes. i don't have any experience with the different makes of pumps but thought that £20 was well spent on the chance of getting the best.

quietness is definitely important as is reliability but that it has harder to measure i suppose. always felt that quieter things might last longer because of less friction or jarring?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back