Tesla magic running low

I wouldn't be surprised.
But the factory in Fremont California is in one of the more 'woke' states in America, far from the Deep South where such sentiments are rife.
I sometimes wonder how far "woke" or "PC" or whatever actually extends in real life? As the tyranny of the shouty minority extends further and further, people evolve ways of coping, and looking like they are embracing it, without actually really doing so. I suspect that all the management will have been on all sorts of equality and diversity and awareness courses, and probably pay enough lip service to them to keep themselves out of jail, but under the surface, I'm not sure they actually ensure that their operatives are toeing the line.

Sponsored Links
Not being a dick is quite widespread. The Anti woke minority is quite loud though and contains the racist arsehole sub minority.

Racists are by definition arseholes. Put in a situation where no one cares what you do as long as you screw the wheel on correctly it'll flourish.

Sponsored Links
Is 16% of new car sales a wave?
One of my neighbours works as a sales 'exec' for a nationwide car dealer.
The vast majority of new BEV sales are to business users, private sector sales have all but collapsed.
Gov.com isn't losing out though, with fines of £15k per new non BEV's over 22% of total production (rising to 28% next year)
'Green' housing developers are charging battery powered plant machinery with diesel generators, as (allegedly) are bus companies.

The vast majority of new BEV sales are to business users, private sector sales have all but collapsed.
Gov.com isn't losing out though, with fines of £15k per new non BEV's over 22% of total production (rising to 28% next year)
'Green' housing developers are charging battery powered plant machinery with diesel generators, as (allegedly) are bus companies.
So tell me... How do you think it's going to play out when the manufacturers fail to meet the 22% target and start getting fined? Do you think they're just going to suck it up?

Or do you think they're going to pass it on to the consumers....

Yes, EVs are so good that the government are taking away the small carrot of free road tax and going for the big stick to force them on us instead.

So tell me... How do you think it's going to play out when the manufacturers fail to meet the 22% target and start getting fined? Do you think they're just going to suck it up?

Or do you think they're going to pass it on to the consumers....
I've no idea & even less interest as I'm never going to be in the market for a brand new car, whatever it's motive power.

I believe Toyota have already decided not to go all BEV despite the penalties imposed for producing ICE cars.

I've no idea & even less interest as I'm never going to be in the market for a brand new car, whatever it's motive power.

I believe Toyota have already decided not to go all BEV despite the penalties imposed for producing ICE cars.
I think you probably will, as the "big stick" starts to get used. My guess would be fuel duty...

Was it made in China?

I hear Tesla sold 1.8 million cars total, worldwide.

Toyota, far more.
Some of them were. Also America, and Germany...

Have you got a better idea for how we're going to meet our climate change obligations?

You assume I have swallowed the climate change hysteria/new religion hook, line.............................

While we self-flagellate ourselves, other countries (China) carry on regardless building numerous new coal fired power station and increase pollution with heavy industry. Closer to home, you do realise countries like Czech Republic with large coal reserves generate almost half their electricity from coal? Our impact on worldwide emmissions would be negligible if everyone in UK took up impractical forms of transport overnight like EVs.

I think you probably will, as the "big stick" starts to get used. My guess would be fuel duty...
Maybe, deal with that as & when the time comes. Being retired moderating car usage/fuel consumption will not be an insurmountable problem as there is no commuting, taking kids to school, acting as the family taxi or travelling to baby-sit the grandchildren. Might even make better use of the bus pass.

BEV's may well be emission free (at the tailpipe at least) but I don't think the power to charge them is .. electricity prices can only go one way.

Sponsored Links
Back