test certificates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of doing a quote for a contractor, and the specs he's been given to complete have several test certificates thet need doing at the end of the job. as I'm just a lowly wet plumber, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they're relevant to, and who has to complete them?
1) pressure testing records
2)water analysis certificate
3)boiler commissioning report (assume gas-safe plumber)
4)pressurisation unit report

any help would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
1) pressure testing records
2)water analysis certificate
3)boiler commissioning report (assume gas-safe plumber)
4)pressurisation unit report

1 and 4 I would assume relate to an unvented pressurised water system which must be installed and certificated by a G3 qualified person.

2 might be a chlorination certificate. If so these are only a requirement for new supplies of 50mm and above. I have been asked for these several times by BCOs that didn't understand. Alternatively is it a private water supply - i.e. from a borehole or some such? If so the water authority will test it and provide a cert.

3 sounds like a standard GasSafe certificate.

I would say the 1st item is proof of you actually testing the pipework you install.
If the pipe work is extensive then testing as you go along and recording this is useful as when it is all covered up and any leak pops out then your shield is your testing evidence.

I use this on large projects as odds on a plasterboard screw will be the culprit if you test as you progress the job.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back