TESTING A SANICOMPACT ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have just connected all the abs waste pipework for a sanicompact toilet..i know i now have to get a qualified electrician to connect the electrics to it...but will it be ok just to plug into a wall socket to test that all the waste pipework is fine & working properly ( no leaks etc)..if this is ok to test it....do i have to put a 5amp fuse in the plug ?..as there is mention of the macerator having to have a 5amp fuse connection ...or is it ok to use a 13amp fuse?..many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If it says 5 amp then thats the fuse size you should use in the plug top as it is there to protect the macerator flex and possibly the motor in the event of a fault

i hope this "toilet" has not got a socket in it for you to plug into

Sponsored Links
hi, what it actually says is the following......

" The electrical connection is via an unswitched fixed wiring connector with a 5 amp fuse " .. which i am getting a qualified electrician to fit.....so after you reading that...i can/should then put a 5amp fuse into actual plug to fit into a wall socket for means of testing the waste pipes for leaks ?..and it will not cause any problems?...am i right?..thanks again

Yes 5 amp fuse in the plug top and hopefully the socket is not in the bathroom as Breezer queried.If the macerator is in the bathroom then a test with an extension lead will be ok as long as obviously no-one is bathing/showering (including yourself!) and you remove this test set up as soon as it is complete.The extension lead or sockets supplying it should be protected by a 30mA rcd.

hi..no the toilet is not in a bathroom...it has been installed in a bedroom for an 87yr old disabled woman..so bearing that in mind....i will need to test on and off for a cpl of hours to be sure of no leaks in waste pipes..so this will cause no problems will it? ( unless there are leaks :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back