Texacomm Vertias R8 better than Honeywell ADE?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ordering my alarm tonight after a month of debating what system to get, I was going to get the Visonic but I decided £200 savings in my pocket is worth the extra few hours a wired system will take to install. I am also more familiar with wired panels.

My own research based on nothing in particular suggests that the Texacomm is a slightly easier system for the DIYer would you agree with this? There seems to be a few issues with the installation manuals on Honeywell kits.

Or is the ADE kit just as good and worth the £20 savings over the Veritas?

Sponsored Links
not much between them, but diyers will find the texecom veritas much easier to program

Sponsored Links
Thanks I was going to ask a question about that, does the keypad has a little speaker in it too so you can hear the alarm setting?

Will order a 16 ohm speaker, they are only like £5.00.

Anything else to order while I am at it? Will order a couple of junction boxes in just in case (although I will try and avoid using them).

The cable clips in the kit are 4mm, isn't that far too big for alarm cable? Edit just realised 4mm is the size of the clip, not the size of cable its designed for!.

It all came today and I did order the speaker in the end, for the sake of £5 I decided I would see how the internal was is and add the external if required.

Got all the right size raw plugs and screw bits together, drilled through the bricks last night to put the bell box cable through.

The problem is I have a full time job, and I am a part time student so I will end up just spending two hours a day on this :(.

Plan to mount the control panel and key fob. today but not to do any wiring.

Its always better to run all the cables first and then connect up, however if that doesn't fit you...

And just a tip, disable the speaker in the panel, it will give away its location to any potential thief if they broke in.

dont bother the r8 comes with a speaker inside which can be mounted remotely

They're crap and as much use as a chocolate kettle. Little noise during alarm and no tamper.

and how many times have the customer said dont like the big bulky speaker thats too loud ...... far too many times if you want the best of both buy a pyronix twin alert

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back