Texecom 24 disarming problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently got a new Texecom Elite 24 installed and all is fine except when disarming via keypad or using the fob the internal entry tone continues until a random button is pressed. Engineer configured alarm via Wintex app The engineer is due back soon as he has contacted Texecom and they say maybe change cable from panel to keypad as they have not heard of this issue before.
Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Have to say it’s a first and can’t see why a random button makes it stop.

I have seen on ocassion that the entry time stop about a few seconds after code has been entered,

It would help knowing what is recorded in the event log(what panel thinks is going on)

User programming

Keypad programming

Keypad address for starters

Thanks. How logs do not show any errors.
I just did another few tests:
(1) arm with fob / disarm with fob. Sound emanating from internal hall speaker stops and continues in keypad until any button is pressed.
(2) arm with 4 digit code / disarm with 4 digit code. Sound emanating from internal hall speaker stops and continues in keypad until any button is pressed.
(3) arm / activate alarm. Internal and external speakers sound with intruder tone. Disarmed with fob. Intruder Sound emanating from internal hall speaker stops and continues in keypad until any button is pressed.
(4) arm / disarm from Texecom app it works fine.

It seems when arming and disarming from keypad, whatever the last sound is emitting it continues in keypad until it receives another input like a key press.

I have checked online and manual and cant seem to see any setting i can change.

If you dont want to do as requested because you can not see the benefit I certainly can not start to try and help you.

We do not ask for things for fun we do it to help us eliminate certain things, they in themselves may seem irrelevant to you but they can on occasion give lots of information, sometimes it helps sometimes it doesn't, but if you cant be bothered nor can I.

Sponsored Links
I have accessed the event log on keypad and just shows arming and disarming data no other information given. If you can let me know instructions for: User programming, Keypad programming, Keypad address for starters then will check it out. I would like to access this data as like you said will give more information. I was not ignoring your suggestion, I just looked on basic log it seems.

Well doesn’t look like you have been through the log as it would show more than arming and disarming

For example it would have time stamps and details of how it was set.

Quick arm, User details etc etc
Exit started, entry started and zone number.

There is a lot more detail available than arm disarm.

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. Engineer came back and fixed issue.

What was the diagnosis of the problem.
How was it sorted?
Swapped keypad to see if it happened with another keypad and it didn't. Thought it must of been a faulty keypad but upon putting back original keypad it worked as it should without the original problem. Engineer and I was confused how this could be but glad it has been fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back