Texecom Premier Elite 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the Texecom Premier Elite 24 with Texecom keypad today but have some questions that I need help with,

1. When I set Arm or Part alarm, the keypad and control panel makes loud beeping noise for 30 secs before the system is armed, how do I lower or turn off the noise?

2. When I'm in the house and the system is disarmed, can I set the PIR to sleep mode instead of flashing when I walk past?

3. When the system is disarmed, it keeps flashing from the data/time and alarm from zone 002 activated

4. How do I turn off the keypad sound when I press it?

Sponsored Links
Volume is in global, you can have part silent in area settings,whT do you mean by sleep mode ? Are you fitting wireless devices ? How did you program this ? Via wintex ?

Volume is in global, you can have part silent in area settings
So by silent the volume, it won't make any noise when its counting down? How do I get to global?

whT do you mean by sleep mode?
When I'm in the house and the system is disarmed, when I walk past a PIR sensor, the light comes up

Are you fitting wireless devices?
All devices is wired

How did you program this ? Via wintex ?
Manually via the keypad

Silent part arm is in area options and no such thing as sleep mode on the pir, the LEDs light up all the time unless you turn them off via a jumper in the pir ( if possible depending on the detector) OR do you mean how do I turn off the detector at night eg landing pir ? Zone options part 1/2/3 omit depending on which part set you use.

Sponsored Links
Silent part arm is in area options
My friend has programmed Part and Area arm for me via the keypad but when its armed, it bleeps for 30 secs but he doesn't know how to change it to slient part arm

no such thing as sleep mode on the pir, the LEDs light up all the time unless you turn them off via a jumper in the pir ( if possible depending on the detector).
The PIR is Texecom Premier Elite QD, I thought that PIR will go into sleep mode when the system is disarmed

Also when the system is disarmed, the siren outside will still flash?

Area options via engineer mode for silent part , sleep mode only on wireless pirs and sirens don't flash- strobes flash ..... Get your friend back to try again ! Not really a diy panel !

Press Part followed by chime to part set silently.

Full setting go to arm press 2 or 3 it should say silent arm, then confirm by pressing yes

This is in the Master user manual if I remember correctly

If it was to be made permanent, you could do it for part set in the programming, don't think you can make it permanent on full set in any menus but I wouldn't put my life on it.

Depends on your sensor with turning off the leds, a jumper can turn it off usually, then you should have it wired to the led terminal and programed up so it comes on when its in walk mode. (Not really a DIY job)

zone 2 showing active alarm, would suggest, that you have either caused an alarm by activating zone 2, or it s not been reset properly, if its activating during the day hard to say for certain, would need to know how its setup, hard wired or wireless and the programming on zone 2.

You can turn off exit tone in global so you don't get the 30 sec warning tone, just the set confirmed chime, rather than just enabling silent part set.

true but thats permanently off, and do you want to take them to that menu when its there friend thats programmed the system and they have no idea.

the user options will allow the silent set and no changes to be made until the friend is back in three weeks.

I do not advise anyone to permanently turn the exits off, its not hard to set silently,sames as i dont recomend turning off the service tones.

Full setting go to arm press 2 or 3 it should say silent arm, then confirm by pressing yes

If it was to be made permanent, you could do it for part set in the programming, don't think you can make it permanent on full set in any menus but I wouldn't put my life on it.
I prefer to have Part and Arm to be silent since I don't want to wake or alert anyone at night or leaving the house, I will have a look at the Master user manual

Depends on your sensor with turning off the leds, a jumper can turn it off usually, then you should have it wired to the led terminal and programed up so it comes on when its in walk mode. (Not really a DIY job)
The PIR sensors is Texecom Premier Elite QD, I thought that the PIR will go into sleep mode when the system is disarmed and only turn on when the system is in Part, Arm or Omit mode

zone 2 showing active alarm, would suggest, that you have either caused an alarm by activating zone 2, or it s not been reset properly, if its activating during the day hard to say for certain, would need to know how its setup, hard wired or wireless and the programming on zone 2.
The system is all wired and the zone 2 message has disappeared from the keypad :)

Only the wireless devices at default don't actually come on unless system is in walk test.Wireless PIR's sleep, wireless DT's wake up when you

Other PIR's can be disabled, usually a jumper or a switch in the PIR, but if you then want it to work under certain conditions you usually need a wire connected to the PIR and to an output on the panel and that output is prgrammed.

Thanks, I have part set on silent now :)

You can turn off exit tone in global so you don't get the 30 sec warning tone, just the set confirmed chime, rather than just enabling silent part set.
I don't mind having exit tone but don't want it to be loud as the 30 secs beep sound is coming from the keypad, is there any way to turn it down?

the advisory volume would turn it down but not sure it would be enough for you.

you can full and part set silently without any programming as mentioned previously.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back