Texecom 48 wiring specifications

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

For a long time I've had a great interest in security (especially alarm systems) and after fitting a few home ones for friends, I decided to push the boat out a little and purchase myself a Texecom Premier Elite system.
I have a Texecom Premier Elite 48 control panel, four PIR's (two dual, two quad) all richochet, along with two micro door contacts - also ricochet and finally a Texecom Premier Elite Ricochet Wireless Odyssey 5W sounder.

I decided that I wanted to add two glass break sensors. as well as a panic button to the system.

Now I've been unable to ascertain whether or not to use EOL wiring when adding additional components. Some articles I've read on this forum greatly encourage EOL wiring, and another couple of articles stated that as I have the Premier Elite 48 control panel EOL wiring would not be required.

Finally I'd like to ask if glass break sensors require EOL wiring (should I be encouraged to use it), or is this only required for PIR's & magnetic contacts.

Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Sponsored Links
I would always use EOL on all devices as a first choice, its easier & more secure. The TX48 can accept double pole circuits which is handy for upgrading old systems and re-using existing wiring.

You can use either & may find double pole (Tamper Pair & Alarm Pair) to be easier for yourself.

I think I'll go with EOL. If I'm going to do it, I might as well do it the best way!

Many thanks for your advice

Sponsored Links
I can't comment on EOL wiring, because I only use grade 2 systems, but I would suggest vibration sensors on the window frames rather than glass break sensors. You've already got PIRs, so the glass break sensors are just reacting slightly before them, but a vibration sensor might react to the first attempt at the glass, rather than after any damage has actually been done.

I haven't seen it on the systems I've used so far, so haven't used it, so couldn't (as I posted) comment on it,and that's what the OP was actually asking.

You seem to be suggesting that there are grade 2 systems that use EOL wiring then.

EOL wiring has nothing to do with security grades, it's more secure and it's easier for manufacturers to make smaller pcbs with more actual zones as separate tamper terminals are not required..

So if I was EOL wiring my glass break sensors, would I need 4 wires in total - red & black for power (or whatever colours you feel like), then two more for the alarm and tamper?
Then I require two resistors, one 2K2 resistor and then a 4K7 resistor?

I use the Accenta G4. I've been following your comments lately, and looking at others, but haven't decided on another one yet.

So if I was EOL wiring my glass break sensors, would I need 4 wires in total - red & black for power (or whatever colours you feel like), then two more for the alarm and tamper?
Then I require two resistors, one 2K2 resistor and then a 4K7 resistor?

Yes

It's got a tamper ciruit, and bits that bring it up to grade 2 - but only just. It's a simple system to set up and use, and does most things that are necessary, but I'd appreciate any suggestion as to my next step.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back