Texecom 64M will only disarm with smartkey

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people,

I have a Texecom 64M with SmartCom and a SmartKey..

The SmartKey is set to user two with the unit master set as user 1 - User 0 being the engineers slot.

The SmartKey TAG is attached to the Master - user 1.

If I arm from the SmartKey it all works and arms as I leave the front door. However: when I return I have to use the SmartKey to disarm - that's okay.

However when I arm from the Master user using the 5678 code (Not fully installed yet), leaving all works but on return I can only disarm using the SmartKey keys and not the TAG, I can't even use the user code, 5678, - it's asking me to use the TAG but again that doesn't want to work.

Any ideas? I've probably switched a switch on/off via Wintex!!

As once can see I'm no an expert.

Another thing: I've just ordered a set of flashing lights to install into the alarm box, via eBay. Said it would last 10 years and only cost £10.

See: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decoy-Al...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I hope this will save me money not having to buy Lithium batteries as often as if one leaves the sounder box internal lights flashing.

Take care,

Bob...

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
BTW I do not have anything to do with the eBay sales re the flashing lights

Regards,

Bob again...

IMG_2158.PNG
Go into wintex , look at user 1 ....is c ticked ?

Sponsored Links
This is what I get have tried Local set/unset - D - Disarming is set.. Still get the same problem..

See picture attached..

Any help much appreciated.

Bob...

Attachments

• 20180908_153343[2787].jpg
    20180908_153343[2787].jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 252
Okay.

firstly your code doesn't work because user locked by C (code is turned on), its possible you also have it turned on for a TAG? and why you cant use either?

If turning those locks off still give you grief, ie cant unlock with a code, then check the code is assigned to the correct areas.

If the tag doesn't work again check the areas, but also check that the keypad can read the tag in day mode.

report back for next steps if required.

Hi Folks,

I don't seem to have a Locked C option to turn on or off.

Managed to get the TAG working, even with the Keyboard Panel livened up by an entry one still has to press the PLUS button to make the PROX work.

Please see my configuration and install info in the attached flies.

Again any help would be very much appreciated.Capture 1.PNG
Capture 1.PNG
Capture 1.PNG Capture 2.PNG Capture 3.PNG Capture 4.PNG Capture.PNG Capture 1.PNG Capture 2.PNG Capture 3.PNG Capture 4.PNG Capture.PNG

Regards,

Bob...

OPPS seemed to have pressed the wrong button...

Bob...

Hi Sparkymarka,

Thanks a million, I would never have found that even plowing through the Installation Manual as I did...

The only reference I could find regarding the Timers was the attached..

Now for the last question - I hope!!!

How to silent part arm at night using the SmartKey? I've ticked what I think are all the silent arm buttons but still the Controller Box and the Keyboard both beep.

Oh! BTW why would one want a zone (Two zones) in a Keyboard???

Regards,

Bob...

Attachments

• Control Timers.PNG
    Control Timers.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Time lock.PNG
    Time lock.PNG
    31 KB · Views: 274
Another thing: I've just ordered a set of flashing lights to install into the alarm box, via eBay. Said it would last 10 years and only cost £10.

See: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Decoy-Alarm-Siren-LEDs-Twin-Flashing-Alternating-BLUE-LEDs-10-yr-Battery-Fitted/221992103324?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I hope this will save me money not having to buy Lithium batteries as often as if one leaves the sounder box internal lights flashing.

Take care,

Bob...
Handy, will get one for my decoy box

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Does anyone know how to put the system sounder into hold off mode to change the batteries?

I've looked at the Master Users Guide INS177-9 and I get pinged from page 38 to 61 then back again?

Regards,

Bob...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back