Texecom alarm triggered

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was hoping someone can explain this to me.

Premier 48 system - I have the garage set as zone A, house B.

A few days ago I set a part arm (downstairs of house plus garage).

A PIR in the garage triggered (there is a boiler etc in there, so maybe from the heat or something).

When I woke up the following morning, I could hear one of the keypads in the house was already beeping. Also once I got downstairs I received SMS from Text/Speech Dialler saying there was an intruder. Disarmed the alarm as usual.

So looking at the logs (posted below)
- shouldn't the garage trigger have put the alarm siren on? I definitely didn't sleep through it!
- why are the keypads beeping
- why would I only get the intruder SMS message when I walked downstairs in the morning, and not when the garage pir triggered

20160507 garage alarm.JPG

Thanks for your help in advance

Sponsored Links
You will need to check if bells are programmed for area A and B
If not only the area selected will ring the sounders.
Check to see if part arm comms is selected or it will only text when full set?

global options bell on 1st alarm or 2nd (confirmed)

you would get an output fire, but the bell wouldn't ring unless another zone was activated.

usually part arm coms being the most common cause of bell not ringing when part set as already mentioned.

Last edited:
Thanks

Part Arm Coms was empty... I've added the zones to that now

"Bells on Confirmed Alarm" is indeed selected.

So in this example, the alarm didn't go off because the same PIR (or any other) was not triggered twice within the confirmation window, but the keypads kept beeping all night because there was an un-confirmed alarm?

Sponsored Links
you can make the internal sounder behave the same, bell confirmed and sounder on confirmed, or on first alarm.

sounds like external bell on confirmed internal sounders on 1st alarm.

hi there

had an issue a few days ago where one of the PIRs in a garage was triggered by something moving in the garage, which caused the alarm to go off. The garage door, which has a door contact on it, remained closed. Both the PIR and the door contact are set to guard access.

I was expecting the alarm to only go off if both of them are activated (since this qualifies as the two zones), because I have global setting "26 - Bells on Confirmed Alarm" set.

I did not get an SMS (which I have set to send on "confirmed alarm" only)

does this make sense? do I somehow set bells on confirmed alarm per Area?

thanks

It was the internal sounders for sure, don't know if the external bells went off too

20160602 garage alarm.JPG

20160602 global system.JPG

interesting, the same zone started the entry and then subsequently activated the same zone a few minutes later as a guard access.as the system was part set, I would have to check with Texecom the behaviour expected/desired.

I am not sure that the zone was a confirmed alarm in the sense of two separate zones being involved.

However we can see that the same zone started the entry and a few minutes later it was activated again but as a guard access zone, this would have been after the entry timed out.

what we can see is azone is creating a 2 minute window between first and second activations.which is probably your timer + the time required before it can be treated as an intruder and as I cant tell you the exact standards and how Texecom have interpreted them.

I suspect it shouldn't behave that way in that one zone giving bells on confirmed, even though there has been effectively 2 zone types violated.

Interesting.

yes a bit confusing...

I take it's nothing to do with option 35 being checked?

doh didnt see that last night, but you didn't get a text?

so still needs clarifying why it didn't send and why the confirmed didn't show and why it did confirmed on the same zone.

Last edited:
Yep I have set the digi output for thee text/speech dialler to trigger on Confirmed Alarm, and I didn't get a text. I doubt I got to the keypad before it managed to dial and connect to the SMS centre too.

Option 35 is worded like this in the manual (it's not clear if you tick it which on of the two options becomes active?):

35 - 1st Zone = Confirm
After the entry timer has expired, activation of 1 more zone is required to generate a Confirmed alarm.
2nd Zone = Confirm After the entry timer has expired, activation of 2 more zones is required to generate a Confirmed alarm​

So by ticking 35 does that mean a Guard Access zone can cause a Confirmed alarm, even though it is only one zone that has been triggered?

that's what I am saying needs clarifying.

zone X has started the entry as its guard access, and guard access zones start the entry timer when part set.

the entry timer doesn't cause an bell active alarm until the timer has expired and another period of time elapsed (2 minutes approximately on your system) there are various scenarios based on the initial entry time set but lets not worry about that.

now what we do know is we have generated an internal alarm but both internal and external bells are on confirmed.

we know that correctly the e/e has expired and the zone has become guard access, and the alarm as triggered again, this I would expect.

however it is zone X not zone X and Y, or Zones XY and Z which covers both scenarios for option 35 as far as I am concerned.

again though we have two different zone types activated Xe(entry exit) and Xga (guard access) if you like.

If that was to generate a confirmed alarm bells and sounders ring and text gets sent and it be logged in the event log. Hence why I don't think it is the desired behaviour as it should have been logged, and generated a text if part arm coms was on for the area the zone is in. However I can see how it may be behaving in confirmed state and not at the same time.
I would send your profile and log to Texecom after asking them how it should behave in such a scenario. As in my opinion it is not clearly functioning true to one or the other.

summary.
so if it is a confirmed alarm, where is it logged and where was the sms?
(you can check the Texecom speech and Text dialler log to see if the call was attempted/ started).

if it isn't a confirmed alarm why did the sounders sound?

What should it do in that situation?

So reply from Texecom (very promptly I must say, excellent service):

Configuration 26 and 27 only apply to full set operation, part sets will operate as normal even with these options enabled. As a workaround for this you could either turn your part set into an area or use the beam pair attribute on these zones, that way no alarm will be generated unless both are triggered.​

I'm tempted to just set all the zones in the house on Beam Pair... is there any obvious downside to this that I am missing? On full arm if I understand correctly it won't make any difference given I have options 26/27 set already, and on Part Arm it effectively forces two zones to be triggered for a confirmed alarm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back