TEXECOM COM GSM PROBLEMS

The com GSM module was changed many years ago from a Tango unit to Texecom's own gsm com which was significantly cheaper, the fact the gsm commands work I don't think its likely to be a compatibility issue.

The premier 24 version 8.33 was the last official release and there are some minor difference between that and the 48 panel of the same time and the current elite panels. You can't of followed the instructions as you don't have area's.

However it still should send the sms messages out.

go back a step and reset all the coms options and reprogram.

ARC1 SMS
Primary number (your mobile)
ACCOUNT NUMBER (leave blank)
DIAL ATTEMPTS 03
REPORTS
PA****T*Y
CONFIG
***G*

DIGI OPTIONS
E*****

if you have more than one sms number add a + at the end to force it to the next number

Com port setup
digi modem not used
com1 gsm module(which ever its plugged into) or not used
com2 gsm module(which ever its plugged into) or not used

after that I would need to go through it bit by bit over the phone to see what it displayed and how it behaved.

Sponsored Links
Just to say a big thank you for your (secureim and handymanjo) help with my gsm issue, it's now working ok after changing the sim card to Vodafone. I incorrectly assumed that everything was ok because of receiving replies back from the panel (status, arm darm etc),but not an alarm message.

I still have one issue if I open a contact door/window etc and try to set the alarm manually it reports an error (back door open etc), but if I arm the panel using com gsm it tries to set the alarm without reporting back any errors and sets the alarm off

any help would be appreciated and thanks for your previous help dave

When you arm by the keypad and you have a door open the alarm will say arm fail to inform you of fault
When you arm by GSM it can not send fail to arm faults
You could set up open / close reporting but this would cost a fortune in text chargers ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks very much for your reply, but I already have open/closed set in reporting but still no notification of alarm active I'll probably leave it at that because the chances of it happening whilst were away from the house is very unlikely

Thanks dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back