Texecom ComIP Help needed

You can access via Wintex, or you can use Java apps loaded onto the ComIP, we have an SDK which can be used to load apps onto the module, you can then access these via the device.

For example we have an online keypad, you can view the log, you can view the zone status or the area status. These are example apps, you can also write your own Java apps to use with the panel.

Sponsored Links
DynDNS are good. Are you on ADSL or Cable by the way?

Would there free service suffice or do i need one of there paid for services.
Also is it straight forward to set up (as you probably have seen from my other posts I don't have much of a clue at this sort of stuff) or is there any info I need to know?

Your help is much appreciated

Looking at their website the free service should do it, as for straightforward, hey we solved the last one so why not this one, i can send you documents detailing how to load the apps for the online keypad etc onto the ComIP, just PM me your email address.

That would be great Adrian, I will PM you my email address & hopefully I will try & sort out the DynDNS tomorrow night.
Your continued help is realy appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A dumb question but how do I send a PM
I must have spent the last 10 minutes trying to find out with no joy.

THANKS for the info you emailed me earlier today Adrian.

I think what I will do is try & set it up so I can access the system remotely using Wintex for now.
I have set up a DDNS (not 100% sure if all the info is correct though, all I have done is put My IP address in & left the rest of the form as is)

Any help on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Forgot to ask, will setting this up make my alarm system or network etc any more vulnerable to attack?

Any help on what to do next would be much appreciated.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=274642&start=60#ixzz1NTv8eMAB[/QUOTE]

On the DynDNS website there are Wizards telling you how to configure and test your connection, as for open to more attacks, potentially, but the port number is completely random, most attacks will go for known open ports. If you have MAC address filtering on your Router, you could set this up as well.

Just make sure you have a decent anti virus programme, like Avast for example, it's free, you use a firewall, and you make sure updates are applied to your programmes, especially Windows updates, Java and Flash.

I have read the help/setup pages etc a few times this afternoon, but it just gets so confusing, when it goes on about IP addresses & ports I just don't know which ones.
setting up the DDNS is the IP address the same one as the Local IP address I set up for the com-IP?
Also for the port forwarding is it the local IP again & Local IP Port for the com-IP?

Hi Bucks,

It doesn't sound like you quite have the DDNS service set up completely yet as you will need to keep manually updating them with your current IP.

You will also need an update client which regularly lets their servers know your current IP address. There are many around, but you may as well use the ones they provide:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/

setting up the DDNS is the IP address the same one as the Local IP address I set up for the com-IP?

No, point your browser to http://192.168.100.1 or http://192.168.0.1 using the username 'admin' and password: 'changeme' or 'admin' if prompted (depends if you have the VM modem, hub or superhub). One on of the pages you'll find the WAN IP Address. This is the one you want to put in the DDNS web page.

Alternately you can use a page like http://www.whatsmyip.org/ to find your external IP.

I did setup the DDNS with my WAN IP (but I was starting to wander if should have been the COM-IP IP).
I have now also set up the update client & all seems to be working ok.
Not sure what to do next?
I know I have to set up the port forwarding but what IP (is it the WAN IP?) as for ports I don't have a clue.

Edit: after reading one of your earlier posts again I now recon the IP in the port forwarding should be my local Com-IP IP?, but still not sure on the ports (is the port another random number or the same port as my local Com-IP port, also a bit confused about this "http port 80" business.

Looking at one of your earlier posts, it looks like you have your ComIP on 192.168.1.201 on port 10001. If this is the case, on your router, you want to open port 10001, then set up port forwarding to forward port 10001 to 192.168.1.201:10001.

You might find these under the firewall section (to open the port), or under applications and gaming or simply port forwarding for the port forwarding section.

If you let me know what router you have, I might be able to be more specific.

On my router it has for single port forwarding the following 5 boxes

External Port : Internal Port : Protocol : To IP Address : Enabled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back