Texecom Control Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was thinking of a replacing DIY alarm using Texecom Veritas Kit etc. for another DIY install. Had a look at their Installation guide and they have power wires as green and white. Reading comments here i thought they had an easy install reputation. Isn't red and black +ve and -ve by convention. Any logic to their colour system?

Sponsored Links
Pick whatever colour scheme you like - yellow for +, blue for -. As long as it is the same at both ends of the wire it wont matter. It keeps the criminals guessing too :LOL:

It is very common to see green and white used as power.

This is so if you are wiring a a non powered detector such as a door contact with a 4 core cable, you will use the same colour wires for the zone circuit (blue and yellow) and tamper circuit (red and black) as you would when using a 6 core cable for a powered detector such as a PIR.

There is nothing to stop you using what ever colour scheme you like, as long as it is the same at both ends of the cable :LOL:

Well i never there is a reason behind it! I'm impressed. Outwitting the burglars and the point about the non powered detector wiring is v good
Thanks v much
I'll be ordering a Texecom Kit asap.

Sponsored Links
I have always used red and yellow as a pair, blue and black as a pair and the green and white as a pair. I too use the green and white as power - the green being 0v as it's 'earthy' :LOL:

Thanks ,never mind the politicians for me you guys put the G in GB. Damn as a country we have got to get manufacturing again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back