Texecom Elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So just now my alarm went off out of the blue whilst I was in the house, put in code and there were a bunch of items.

I downloaded the log and it looked like earlier today in the afternoon there were some battery issues too:
20170118 alarm log.JPG

20170118 alarm log 2.JPG

The system is configured with a battery in the main box and then another battery in a separate PSU that powers expanders 2, 3, 4.

Under diagnostics for Expander 2:
20170118 battery status.JPG

So, based on this, it looks like the battery in PSU2 is faulty?

I know it seems pretty obvious, but the only reason why I'm questioning this is because I only installed it around April 2016. It is a Yuasa Yucel Y17-12 Valve Regulated Sealed Lead Acid SLA Battery 12V 17.0Ah.

On a related note, to stop this happening again, is there anything I can do to stop the alarm going off in the meantime? Shall I just disconnect this battery in the second PSU until the new one arrives?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Power supply might not be capable of charging a 17.0ah battery ?
Check terminals on battery ,poor connection ?
Is psu XP200?

Fuse in PSU 2 was not lit red but the battery fault red light was on.

For the time being I disconnected the battery and will order a new one

Sponsored Links
Battery terminals were fine. It's been working fine for 9 months, nothing touched it.

It is a Texecom PSU200. The battery is the same model as the original installer put in the main alarm box so I bought the same when I added the extra PSU

What I didnt understand is normally if the battery is at fault there will be a message on the keypads and no alarm. In the most recent instance it the alarm went off with the tamper on expanders 2, 3, 4

So right now after disconnecting the PSU2 battery it says under Expander 2 diagnostics:
Expander Supply Voltage 13.49
Expander Network Errors 0005

PSU Output Voltate 13.91 V
PSU Current 0.404A

Last edited:
What position are the battery jumpers on the xp200 ?
If you installed the battery less than a year ago,either the battery is/was faulty or you have different problem ?

Yes I think you're right maybe not the battery. I will check the jumpers this evening but quickly in the morning I checked the logs and I had low voltage warnings expanders 2, 3, 4 overnight. This is without the "faulty" battery connected.

The fuse it not lit red but I guess I will replace it just in case.

it appears you lost the expander 2, it also appears you have lost other expanders give I see zone 33 on the list.

Have you measured the voltage/ current rather than taken the diagnostic values.
Have you measured the switch mode psu output?
Have you measured the incoming mains to the PSU?

Over night when you got the errors, you don't know what the readings were, so you may have missed the blip.

No I haven't measured any of that stuff. I'll buy a multimeter and see what they are.

Strange it would start happening out of the blue, the devices on the system haven't changed for a long time.

Thanks for the help everyone

The replacement battery arrived before I had chance to sort out the multimeter and everything looks like it is working fine now... looks like the previous battery, even though 9 months old, was knackered

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back