Texecom help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

First of all thanks to everyone on the forum - the threads on here have been an invaluable resource for getting my alarm up and running properly (the installer - an electrician - didn't do a particularly good job in configuring the system, so I thought I'd do it myself given he seemed pretty clueless).

I've got a few questions regarding Wintex and other issues I've got with the alarm. It's a Premier 48 system.

1. One of the PIRs doesn't seem to work correctly. When it is assigned an Area and set up as Guard, the keypad says "Zone preventing exit start are:" "Zone 019 Active". So for the time being I have removed this zone from the Areas list in Wintex. I've attached two screenshots from the diagnostics menu which may be of help. Does this mean the resistors have not been wired correctly? The red LED lights up correctly when it detects motion.
expander 2.jpg
expander 2 resistances.jpg

2. One of the ceiling PIRs is set close to two trench radiators, and it seems to trigger it constantly. I've bought the Dual Tech version to replace it with. I am replacing a AM360QD with AM360DT - the factory defaults for resistances are fine and I shouldn't need to change the resistor jumpers?

3. The texecom speech/sms dialler I have doesn't seem to appear in Wintex at all - are these programmed completely separately via the actual unit? Is there any setting required in Wintex to register that there is a dialler connected to the panel?

I think that's it... thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored Links
The resistance on one 19 is active of 6.9K so you need to look at that device, what device is it and is it selectable resistors or hard wired resistors?

the heating may cause issues.

speech dialler, is a separate unit? if yes then yes its programed sepertley except for the outputs that go from the panel to the inoputs of the speech dialler.

Hi secureiam

It's a 360QD PIR that has 2 resistors wired in to the terminals by the installer.

Should all the 360QD PIRs have the resistors between the same terminals? If so I can check vs another one that works if the resistors are wired the same

IMG_20151224_151630885.jpg

Sponsored Links
cant see it very well but I would check that the alarm terminals has the 4k7 resistor in it.

so we have terminals H G F E D C B A Tamper being the yellow wire in H
in G we should have a 2k2 resistor going to terminal D and form terminal C should be the wire going back to the zone in the control panel.
E 12V and F 0V

hope that helps, I cant see the wiring and terminals very well, but it looks like the wrong terminals are in use for this detector.

So had a bit of a shocker... was changing the resistors etc and it looked like the red cable (alarm) must have touched something.

Alarm went off but couldn't turn it off because the keypads lost power.

Anyway after all that... looks like all the devices connected to the expanders have no power. I can connect to the panel with Wintex.

Is there a separate power supply for these that I've screwed up?

Thanks a lot sparkymarka... that is indeed what it was.

Looks like Screwfix etc don't sell these so will have to wait a few days to get one off Amazon!

Ah good call - but looks like none of the ones near me have them in stock. Anyway will get the Amazon ones on Sunday.

On an unrelated note - even after I sync the time to the panel via Wintex, the time seems to run fast by around 2 minutes a week. Any clues on this one?

Bad mains supply , you could try setting clock to crystal ( global option 31 ) or clock adjustment ( system options)

Thanks will see if that makes it more accurate

To stop this fuse blowing again... is there something I need to do on the panel when wiring a PIR? Does "Engineer working in area X" mode kill the power to those devices to prevent shorts etc?

Also when replacing the fuse do I need to turn off the mains supply to the panel and disconnect battery or can I just pop it in?

No just don't short it out ! You could remove the fuse while you are working on it or better to remove the 12v + wire , I assume it was wired from an expander to take out the network fuse , just pop it in

Thanks all.. got the new dual tech pir, mis-wired pir and fuse all sorted. system seems to be working fine.

also just checking - is this the correct sequence:
right now if i put in a user code in, the keypads say "Door now open... any key for menu" then I have to press arm/part etc. Not sure what Door it is referring to, since all the door contacts are closed at this point.

If I select "Q.quick arm is enabled" can I just press Arm for all zones, or Part then 1, for example?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back