Texecom keypads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend has just visited us post-lockdown, and was interested in our Texecom alarm. They've asked if I could install one for them, and I'd be happy to do so.

An all wireless system would of course be simplest, but the friends were impressed with the clarity of our wired keypads with their bright green display. I haven't seen the actual wireless keypads, but from the pictures the display doesn't look so clear.

What's the expert advice? Is the blue (LCD?) as clear? Does it have a wide angle of view?

Sponsored Links
The keypad blue screens are the same I believe as those on the SMK/ FMK and Premier elite LCDLP.

They are crisp, I will say that hardwired before wireless always.

The biggest problem is screen active time, the screen is blank until pressed to save battery life as always.

KITX005 has LCDP keypad which is green and hardwired on Elite 48.
2 X DT-W, 2 XQD-W and 2 x SC-W.

kits starting with a 1 include Capture equivalents, starting with a 0 include Premier Elite Devices

All other wireless kits include micro contact-W plus 3 x PW-W starting with a 0 and Capture P15-W's if kit starts with a 1,the pw-w are to be discontinued at some point in the near future based on what distributors are telling me.

The Elite series may follow with Capture being the only units available, however not sure when this will be and it maybe something to bare in mind.

most wireless kits have the blue screen LCDLP-W, kit x086 has a hard wired blue screen LCDLP and Kitx005 has the green short screen LCDP.

Last edited:
That's very helpful, thank you. I do like that our wired pads show the status at all times. Will have to talk with them about they will be happy with - blue keypads or wiring job.

Sponsored Links
I'm distinctly unimpressed with the LCDLP-W screen with its LCD display.

It seems you can either mount it at eye level and read the text in white, or mount it low down so that you see the text in black. Neither of which is ideal if the people using it have very different heights.

Is there a preferred arrangement?

never seen the the blue screens show up black text, I have jobs on this afternoon/evening with hard wired and wireless blue screen variants and as I am updating the batteries in one I will have a look as I will be taking it off the wall.

If you look down on it from above (it's mounted low down on the wall) then you get the usual LCD effect of a reverse display. The blue light is still there but the text is black instead of white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back