Texecom PE24 vs PE24-W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of designing an alarm system based around the Texecom Premier/elite range, it's a hybrid system to suit my particular circumstances.

There's 2 options that (I think) get me what I want, or near enough, for similar cost.

Option one is based on the Premier Elite 24 control box with added X8P-W wireless interface, this gets me (I think) 8 wired zones and 8 wireless, with an option to add another 8 wireless zones with another interface.

Option two is based around the Premier Elite 24-W which has 4 wired zones and 16 wireless.

My actual requirements for the initial installation are 4 wires sensors and 7 wireless, so both systems meet that criteria. However I wish to expand the system a little later using break-beam devices across the garden to give an early-warning chime for visitors (both legitimate and otherwise) - I posted a thread on this a little while ago.

Given the 24-W only has 4 wired zones, For future-proofing option two, I'd need to find a way to either expand it's capability, or convert a wired device into a wireless (there was a thread I started on this too).

So questions:
Are either of the above solutions possible on the 24-W control box?
Are my assumptions/research correct regarding the specifications of the two systems.
Are there any disadvantages or potential pitfalls to using what I believe to be the older, non wireless PE 24 control with the wireless interface?

Thanks for any thoughts..

Sponsored Links
Price and requirement ! To be honest I would fit 24 and expander not a 24w or even a 48 wireless kit as I think the 48. Is a better panel more areas bigger power supply and room for two 7.0 batteries or a 17ah

Texecom Premier 48 Ricochet Kit CAB-0063

comes with metal 48 and a seperate 32 way wireless expander and some devices and a keypad.

Prices do vary.

What break beam devices are you thinking of adding.

I would opt for the 48 so you could have the warning devices on a separate area, but never arm them

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure on break-beams just yet, but probably something that had tx and rx in a single housing with a remote reflector to keep the wiring simpler.

I was thinking with the 24 it has 2 areas, one can be inside, and one outside - the house isn't huge, 3 PIRs will cover downstairs (if one goes in the conservatory). There seems to be quite a step up in price from the 24 to the 48 kit, which is difficult to justify just for an additional area. I'm not sure the PIRs would be used as I reckon I'd need pet friendly ones inside and DT ones (possibly) outside for the sheds/garage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back