TEXECOM PIR Lights / Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a fault with one of my PIR sensors. The alarm keeps going off seconds after the alarm is set and shows that the zone is in alarm.

The PIR is the TEXECOM PREMIER ELITE QD PIR
Purchased and installed 3 years ago.
No prior issues.

I do notice that the green LED on the PIR is on a lot, even when there isn't any movement in the sensing range.

This PIR has three LEDs: Green, Red and Amber.

Does anyone know what each LED means?
Hoping it could give a clue as to what has gone wrong.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi sounds like a quadrant issue (green) if its NOT moving out, so check that, also the amber is also another quadrant (area) that its in line with something, red is alarm, if it me id check the environment first if still same, but in bin and buy new one!

hmmm, cant remember what area the leds correlate to, but when everything is still there shouldn't be any LED's illuminated.

to get alarm red led (middle), all LED's are Illuminated, this indicates that something has been detected in 2 different areas meaning its more likely to be a genuine alarm.

Never had this issue with an Elite QD semi permanent green led or amber for that matter, I recall an old post on the Texecom forum with a similar issue and managed to find it before posting, it suggested the pulse count having an adverse affect but not convinced, it also suggested to send it back if after checking the pulse count if the problem persited, but that was a brand new detector not one that was 3 years old.

if you look at the lens is there any damage/ or anything inside the detector?
Has anything changed, heaters, cables etc in that general area?
Have you tried power cycling the detector and or swapping it with one that's working to see if it follows the location, I suspect as already mentioned that there is fault with the unit and it needs replacing, they are not expensive by any means.

That said I have just seen on the instruction leaflet INS544-7 I have just downloaded that the QD's have a 10 year warranty, I thought most alarm equipment these days were 2 or 5 years, so there is a possibility it may be replaceable under warranty, assuming its not been damaged by other means.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back