Texecom Prem Elite 24-W Part Set Programming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need some help setting up the part set on my panel. I have it setup so when part set all the downstairs pirs zones are on with upstairs pir zones off, however even though the downstairs hallway pir is set to on it does not start the timer nor does it trigger the alarm, it appears to be off. All other zones downstairs work as they should do and trigger the alarm.

Everything is in area A, the hallway PIR zone is setup as Guard Access with access & entry/exit2 attributes.

Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What happens if you change it to entry exit 1 ? Are you using area arm suites or just normal part sets ?

Thanks for the reply, the front door is set as entry exit 1, using just normal part sets as far as I aware (someone else done the all the intial setup but never got this bit to work)

Are you sure it's not off in partset ?
Is this a wireless PIR ? What is it set as in wireless type ?

Sponsored Links
Definitely on in part set 1,2 & 3. Yep its wireless and shows up as PIR XP-W01,02. The PIR works fine when doing walk test

Its Guard Access, attributes1 0,A,E (123 uncheked) attributes2 A and its set to auto wireless

Ok when you part set the system how long are you giving it before you come back downstairs ? Have you actually had it set at night and tried it or have you only done a test ?

Not leaving it long at all, coming down straight away to test it.
I'll leave it on tonight and see if it works when I come down in morning.

Thanks for your help

If your moving around in an area the pir will go to sleep or the battery will soon go flat, two way systems will wake up the devices needed on setting, this will depend on what the device is set at ! This may be your issue

Sorry i dont understand, i thought once i part arm, the system polls all the PIRS and wakes them so they become active.

okay

1. contacts always awake (Always awake)
2. PIR sleep for 3 minutes after activation (Auto Mode)
3. DT's wake up when system is armed (Hybrid)
4. Smokes (always awake)

basically the default settings should be stuck to get optimal performance from each device.

If you initiate a walk test the device should be woke up so you can do the test.

if 1 2 or 3 are on for a zone attribute the zone is off in that part set.
If looking at alter p[art arms On means it works during part set and off means its ignored in part set.

Great thanks all makes sense now.

One last question, whats generally considered the best option for setting the PIR's, auto or hybrid?

Hardwired the only thing to worry about is the wiring type.

Wireless learn on with optimal settings so i personally would leave at default values unless your prepared to keep a close eye on it, changing these settings is only likely to make a positive impact on a limited number of setups.

Other than hard wired and wireless devuces can be thought of as similar with respect to programming.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back