Texecom premier any good for experienced DIYer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello:

I've moved house and I want to install an alarm system. I have previous experience of installing Scantronic 9600 in two previous houses but I wanted to try something a little more up to date. Something that will allow fo configuration via PC and remote access.

I want to stick to wired as I will be pulling up floor boards and channeling into walls anyway for renovation.

I've been recommended to try the Texecom Premier.

Any specific feedback by anyone who has experience of installing this? Any good?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on the diyer.

You can get help here as you have installed a system before shouldnt be a major problem.

Yeah I put one in last year, wish I had put it in earlier instead of the Avanti that I started with.
It is a good setup once you get you head around it , especially using the Wintex software to program it. Wire it up temporarily isolated to start with so that you can learn about it before you fit it.

I used a couple of expanders with it, which made the wiring far simpler. You can then wire sensors to a local expander and just link the expander back to the panel with a single cable.

It's a good panel as you can set it up how you want it, not based upon what has been defined for you. I can see why installation companies use them.

Alan

Sponsored Links
Get a PC comm and wintex as it's far better to program the panel with... Plenty of help on here if stuck!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back