Texecom Premier Elite 24 - ATS Failure / Com-IP fail to Communicate Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday I had an oddity.... the keypad come up with 'Arm Low Fob Battery' when using one of the proximity tags (they don't have batteries?).

Anyway, I swapped around two of the fobs in the Wintex config, uploaded, tested and all was well (my youngest daughter doesn't need one anyway...)

Today, just after lunchtime I got an 'ATS Failure' fault. Beeping every 30s or so, goes off after about five minutes. Logged in on keypad with a user, reset, and fault immediately comes back. Power cycled the complete panel, and this error comes back again......

Logged in on keypad as Engineer and tried to reset Com Port 1 that the Com-IP is set to, but still the same. Went into Wintex and disabled 'ATS Path Faults' under Area Timers and Options, but still this error comes back.

I have no problem logging into the panel using Wintex over the local network or connecting to it using the Texecom legacy app remotely. Looking at the log, I have had this message only twice (and both around lunchtime), yet I cannot seem to clear it from the system/keypad.

The fault from the log is 'Com-IP fail to Communicate Alarm'.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
smart keys have batteries and that is what the warning normally relates to.

mats failure is when system failed to communicate with the arc that’s programmed for.

if you have one comip module then it can’t send out messages and have a. Objection to the panel at the same time.

so I suspect at some time or other you may have been connected to the panel whilst it was trying to connect with the arc.

Don’t know enough about your specific set up and can only generalise.

ats faults can be cleared with engineers reset.

I would make sure that in area options you have arm with no ats to ensure if there is ats issues you can still arm the panel.

if the fault does not clear it will need a more in-depth look. However if it is likely to come back at some point especially if you don’t have dedicated connection and dedicated out going coms.

Thanks for your help as always. I must be being a bit thick as I see engineers reset mentioned a few times, but not actually what to do. Is it the same as a normal user reset but with the engineers code?

I am wondering whether to just go to a SmartCom setup? I was looking at your web site yesterday. Does a free connect account have the same basic functionality as the old Texecom app? All I want is notifications and ability to turn off alarm remotely. I just changed the area options and selected 'arm with no ATS' and did a reset (I think) and it hasn't beeped for a while, so maybe I have it sorted this time....

engineers reset is the same process as user reset but with engineers code

Texecom allow end users currently to have an account of their own and depending on your panels firmware other options are available.

As for the free account with us, currently there is no point as Texecom allow customers to have their own account currently, we are likely to be pulling the service due to admin costs in running such a service for free.
Whilst we add for free, panel and smartcom updates would be charged for if your system is capable of accepting them.

For Version 2 Texecom Connect you need a Texecom Cloud Account either directly or set up by an engineer on their companies portal.

The last time I spoke to my rep, I was told they be dropping the service for end users but that doesn't appear to be the case,

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. My firmware is v5.00.02LS1. Would be great to know what other options are available. I was going to order something like this: Texecom Connect SmartCom Intelligent WIFI Ethernet & App Communicator CEL-0001 | eBay

Forgot to say, yeah I did the engineers reset last night and it was OK for a while, but come back after about 15 minutes. Maybe it is the poll that is triggering this?

Screenshot 2022-05-15 104856.png

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
it polls every 15 minutes and if it doesn't go through successfully it will generate the ATS fault.

Version 5+ Elite panel and a version 3+ smartcom should be fine, upgrade the smartcom firsts then the panels firmware

Last edited:
Okay that's ordered, so another journey in the Texecom learning process. I'm usually quite up for a challenge, but with this install I would just settle for something that works for more than a few days at a time!

Hmm, I ordered a flasher interface as well after reading up on updating firmware, but think this was an expensive mistake since it can all be updated through the cloud once the Smartcom is running (and itself updated).

Smart coms can be updated from the cloud portal, except version 1's.
Panels that are version 5 and above can also be upgraded via teh cloud portal with the appropriate smartcom.

Always upgrade smart com before panel.

The flasher only becomes useful if there is an issue flashing up the panel using the portal and the the smartcom or older panels.

As an end user you have the right to return it for a refund assuming it isn't damaged etc etc.

Smartcom installed (after a bit of hot rewiring/relocating of the Ricochet as the Smartcom cable is so short...)

Cloud setup went fine and no issues. Updated Smartcom (prompted me in the app). Initially didn't see the panel update on the cloud, but after a couple of hours they showed up (and assume can go straight to latest firmware?).

It says to 'ensure monitoring is on test' and sounders are disconnected? Not fancying a trip up the ladder to be honest. How long does the firmware update take?

It is relatively slow and the keypad will tell you when its finished as it also does in the portal.
I am not convinced its a fixed time period but i have to admit I have never ever timed it. Even the manual flashing counts down using the laptop but that some times seems to slow down/ speed up when you look at time remaining.

There are multiple steps once its started make yourself a brew and start drinking it then check if its completed, shouldn't be a million miles away of it finishing by then.

Monitoring is an issue if your system is monitored for keyholder or police response, it allows the ARC to know that it doesn't need actioning if the system activates.

Bells may go off but usually its short lived, we don't usually bother disabling the bells when doing the upgrades. I guess if it went wrong at a certain part of the process it may require manual intervention but realistically it would only go off if there was corruption in the data or the panel loses power to the bell.

What I would say is more important is not to be connected to the panel whilst either the smartcom or panel is being flashed.
The Smartcom may freeze up and the panel could get corrupted data at one or more stages if your connected to it during the flash.

The smartcom cable being short has been raised by a few even in the days I was on the Texecom forum, not so bad on a new installation but on a take over find that other things can get in the way. It did mention on the forum at the time that it shouldn't be extended due to it meeting some requirement or other and I can't remember what that was to be fair.

Think that if Texecom wants to allow end users to have access to engineer functions it should offer free training to end users before giving them access to at least try and prevent it from going wrong, certainly see enough people mess it up by doing this too quickly and what I consider the wrong order.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Will give it a whirl at the weekend and during the day... I still have to work out how I am going to disconnect the keypad and put cable through plasterboard. I know the tamper will go off as soon as I open the case, but will the alarm sound once its disconnected? Don't fancy doing this hot, but don't really see a way around it. I used CAT5 cable, so in hindsight I could have terminated to RJ45's and used a straight through connector to be able to disconnect and reconnect this quickly....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back