Texecom Premier Elite 24 Poly - Power Output Fault AUX 12v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have the Texecom Premier Elite 24 Poly unit and all of a sudden, the RKP alarm went off showing a "Power Output Fault AUX 12v" message.
Untitled 0.jpg

All PIR's connected to AUX 12v do not work and neither does the local plug-on Premier 8-XE expander.

I understand that it has to do with the AUX 12v fuse "(900mA) Auxiliary 12V Power fuse (electronic PTC)" but have no idea what an electronic PTC is?

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Reading through the event log, before the aux fault, it shows that one PIR went into tamper, which is odd as it was not touched. I checked it and wiring looks good.

Untitled 2.jpg

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you Handymanjo.
Apologies but can you please explain a little further.. what needs to be done? do i change the PSU? is it something on the PCB which is faulty?

Sponsored Links
Google is fantastic, just type your question >>

...................electronic PTC is?

A resettable fuse is a polymeric positive temperature coefficient (PPTC) device that is a passive electronic component used to protect against overcurrent faults in electronic circuits. The device is also known as a polyfuse or polyswitch.

How many devices do you have connected to the Aux 12v?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back