Texecom Premier Elite 24 - spec, sounder and current draw calcs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Finally got my draft spec together for 13 zone alarm system for our house, just want to see if it looks ok, and the current draw is within the capability of the panel.

Premier Elite 24 (metal) with 1.5A PSU – sited in internal cupboard – current draw: 95mA
Expander: (either the 8XE plug-on or 8XP remote sited in garage) – current draw: unknown
Comms: COMIP module - current draw: unknown.
Battery: 12V 7Ah (I presume this takes a current draw for trickle charge in addition to the panel's listed 95mA?)
Keypad: 1 x DBD-0129 SMK Keypad – min: 90, max 205mA
Internal Sounder: Pyronix Twin Alert Sounder – min 30mA, max: 160mA
External Sounder: Odyssey (SAB) X-Be – min 58mA, max 483mA
[open to other recommendations for internal and external sounders]

13 zones:
9 x Premier Elite Dual Tech PIRs (min: 12mA, max: 26mA each)
4 x door contacts (3 x YEND24s and 1 x heavy duty roller shutter contact for garage)

Total current draw (excluding expander, comms and battery trickle): min: 381mA, alarm state (max): 1177mA

Upgrades:

Extra External Sounder: I’m also thinking of adding a second LC SAB or SCB version of the sounder to the rear of the house (rather than a dummy), wired as a multiple unit to the SAB on the front.

Extra Internal Sounder: Also as the ground floor is quite large, would it be a good idea to add another internal sounder?

Extra Keypad: At a later date I may also add a more basic keypad to the utility room, I presume they have similar current draws?

Expander: If I go with the external expander, I can keep at least 5 of the zones wired into the garage to save cable lengths, presumably with just with one cable then connecting the expander to the main control panel?

Does this sound ok, what needs tweaking or looking into further?

Cheers all :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka, will uprate battery.
Any tips or alternative recommendations for the [extra] sounders/keypads?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back