Texecom Premier elite 48-w or Premier elite 48

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Looking to get one of these alarm panels. I want some wireless capability. I understand the elite 48-w is a plastic model with wireless built in and a grade 2 system. The elite 48 is a metal panel grade 3 system and have to buy the 32xp-w expander to make it wireless. Which is the better option? I want to install it in a substantial 5 bed detached house with 2 garages.

I will also be looking to connect a gsm dialler to these panels. So far thinking the meniever SD3 or cheaper GJD diallers.

Any advice which one of these panels I should go for? I am assuming both panels offer the same specifications except the 48-w has the wireless ricochet system built in. I would like to connect hard wired 2 external bells, 2 internal sirens, 2 premier elite keypads, 3 fire detectors, 2 panic buttons, a SD3 or GJD GSM dialler and would like a minimum of 8 wireless pirs, 7 wireless magnetic door contacts. Also if possible some X10 automation control that would switch on lights on alarm activation not sure if this is possible.

I think this would give me a solid system. I have previously fitted 3 optima/accents panels on my house and families and I am pretty competent with computer networking diagnosis and electrics.

Any advice on this setup?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

When you say go for the G3 panel I am not sure what that is. Could you give me the full name as I have only been looking at texecom panels. I am assuming this G3 panel is of a different brand and also offers similar wireless ricochet technology?

Cheers

Ah yeah I get it now about the grade 3. Ok so go for the metal case premier elite 48. Does this panel come with 8 wired zones only? Then I get the 32xp-w expander. So does that mean there will be another 8 zones free for which I can get a wired expander if I need to.

Also anyone recommend a good supplier?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
yes 8 onboard, 32 via wireless if needed you can then get an 8xp they are 2 zones available on the wired keypad

dont forget you dont need to enable all the zones. i have not used a wireless add-on yet. so dont take my word for it

got mine from http://www.alertelectrical.com/

Paul

Basically for each wireless zone you lose a wired zone. So if you only use 16 wireless zones you can still use 3 wired expanders also.

8 on panel, 16 wireless, 24 on expanders is an example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back