Texecom Premier Elite 64-W LIVE Timed Set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a customer with a request if possible

When leaving the house the alarm sets, perhaps if no final exit (front door in this case) is retriggered after opening and closing within say 5 mins then it arms

This would allow for situations where they open the door to take parcels or anything else that needs the door opened and closed

Premier Elite 64-W LIVE with Smart Communicator connected to WiFi single path

Sponsored Links
In the Installation manual 6.2 Area Modes it looks like changing the zone for the front door from Entry/Exit to Timed Exit could be what I’m looking for and also changing the Exit Settle timer to something longer could be useful too incase the customer opens the door again like if they were just answering a visitor at the door rather than leaving the property

Makes no sense …
The customer wants the system to automatically arm when they leave the house

This is a request made to me because the customer’s wife refuses to arm the system manually because she didn’t want it installed

So hopefully that makes sense?

Sponsored Links
I’ve had a reply from the Facebook group Texecom Technical Support Group which says

Could you not just set up as a timed set. Say 30secs and then as long as the detection is not say in the hallway that would be ok.

So she wants it to be able to arm automatically with no user input whatsoever?

So she wants it to be able to arm automatically with no user input whatsoever?
Yes

The husband wants the wife to arm the system when she leaves the property

She refuses to use the system and it causes the husband a lot of anxiety over the property being at risk

There’s currently a door contact on the front door set to Entry/Exit

There’s also a PIR in the hallway set to Guard Access

I was wondering if it could auto arm after the front is opened then closed

But not straight away, incase the wife just opens it to visitors etc

And if the system is counting down to arming when the front door has been closed, if it doesn’t reach the timer count down because the door is opened, or maybe the PIR is triggered, then the arming state goes into disarmed until the next time

I think it’s possible, maybe using a combo of the door contact and PIR in some configuration may be the way to do it

Only way I can see this sort of working …is with the door lock with a switch ( shunt lock ? ) when door is locked /unlocked it arms /disarms system ….as long as the wife locks the door …

She won’t lock the door?

I can think of possibilities, but Would need to test them out to confirm they would work. Would need to know a lot more specifics to work out possible solutions as some of the actions would have consequences, that would potentially affect other things.

the problem is the consequences of some of them.

if the husband is worried he needs to know the wife has left the house and the alarm hasn’t been set, he has a smart com and the app?

will She disarm the alarm?

To clarify she locks the door

She won’t set the alarm out of spite

There is a SmartCom with single path WiFi

Even with the lock, there are consequences, this day in age you shouldn’t leave your doors unlocked even if in the house.

we can notify her husband that The door has been opened and closed, however he wouldnt know she has left the house necessarily, especially if she opened the door closed it and then went and sat down.

you could zone mimic the front door, into a spare zone and have it programmed at momentary latch key monitor only area B.

so when front door opens and closes area B would be set and send a notification and wouldn’t affect the normal operation, but assumes that he receives the notification and checks his phone, check she’s left the house and then sets the alarm.

Is the issue she’s not comfortable setting the alarm, would it help if it was a one button press to set?

using quick arm ? Then presses area button starts exit opens closes door system sets.

She won’t arm it because she doesn’t want the system at all

She says she doesn’t trust the alarm to work properly and my personal opinion is it’s more to do with there being 2 cats that are quite sick and prone to stress so she doesn’t want to scare them. She’s a very troubled person with a history of mental health issues caused by her past and current lifestyle if you get the jist of what I mean

Geo fencing could be a thing to look at.
Texecom don’t have that currently but it’s been talked about many times.

Geofencing means that the alarm would have to know her position in relation to the house, once outside a certain perimeter the alarm could set remotely..

Not something that I have done, it could also work for disarming system too.

The geofence relay you might have to do some testing with to have confidence on its behaviour

There are geofencing relays available but never used them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back