Texecom R8 and R8+ Alarm controllers

Sponsored Links
Veritas R8
Best selling control panels with remote keypad. Features 8 fully programmable zones and accepts up to 6 backlit remote keypads

Veritas R8 Plus
Veritas R8 with additional features including EOL wiring, communicator interface and accepts Veritas Excel LCD keypads

As sparky says, swop the PCB, but WHY?

To enable the use of LCD remotes.
Or is it possible to use them on the R8 as it is.

Sponsored Links
Sorry just reread your reply, that a R8 will accept the use of LCD remotes.
Thanks for both replies.

Another question:
Is it possible to use the phone/text module with the R8. I don't need the phone part, but require a text of status change.

No a R8 will NOT accept the LCD keypad only the r8 plus,to be honest you would be better buying a premier 24 kit if you want LCD keypads,proper LCD keypads not the veritas afterthought as this comes with a keypad and the COMMS 2400 for text messaging...

Thanks Sparkymarka, you have been most helpful, Although I have the R8 unit I shall look into the Premier 24 kit.

Better to use r8+ or excel for the veritas/ excel lcd keypad.

The veritas lcd keypad wont work on any other variant off the shelf.

same Hym sheet got to be true....

You can add a speech dialer/ text dialer but the R8 can only give you an alarm activation from the bell trigger wire, and Tamper or Mains fail depending on how the SW+ is programmed.

Personally I would look at the premier kit as much as I hate agreeing with sparkymarka.....lol

Why that then ? Lol as you probably know the premier is going to give more options, be more flexible and better if any faults are present... By the time you have fitted a R8 plus with a LCD and a speech / text unit there's nothing in the price and your getting a better panel....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back