Texecom SmartCom "No Carrier"

hard to trouble shoot when your not there to try things out.

but a version 3 should be fine and should be upgradeable to latest version of the smart com.

If your on the latest version of the alarm panel 6.x , disable texecom monitor and disable texecom connect in ful and reset up Texecom connect.

Sponsored Links
Hi all, thanks for all your help so far.

OK, on site now and I can confirm the following...

- Premier Elite 48 Firmware version is : 6.05.03LS1 (recently flashed)
- SmartCom CEL-0001 firmware version is 3.0.21 (Hardware revision 21)
- Wintex Version is : 8.2

I have the SmartCom connected and the 1st (from left) and third LED's are on (solid, not flashing). The SmartCom is connected to the board with the 4 wire cable to COM1 and the 2 wire cable to COM2.

I can connect to the panel via Wintex via IP so I know that the SmartCom is on the network.

The sequence of messages when trying to Enable Texecom are still the same as in the original post, I just end up with NO CARRIER.

Attached are the screenshots of what is configured.

Any further ideas?

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 08.41.12.png

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 08.39.08.png

Screenshot 2024-04-22 at 08.51.45.png

Last edited:
Are these details in the pane?
It sounds like the Texecom Monitor mode is on, Thid needs the programming off.

Then program ofg for the smart com and connect and then tirning it back on in the order specified in the manual at the keypad is probably easiest after the Texecom Monitor mode is turned off.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your help.

After speaking with Texecom, we both came to the conclusion that there may be a problem with the SmartCom deci e.

I purchased a new one and it worked first time.

I'm assuming that the original suggestion that the device was too old for some reason was true. Unfortunate as I purchased the unit as a sealed unit.

Anyway, up and running now, thanks again for all the replies and suggestions, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back