Texecom Verirtas R8 - PIR fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Texecom Veritas R8 alarm system.

I have just moved a PIR and now when I try arming or testing the system all 6 PIR's that I have appear to be in fault.

Can anyone give any advice on this?

The PIR that I moved looks to be wired correctly. If I remove the cover on the PIR it sets of the alarm as a 'tamper'. None of the PIR lights come on if I enter the room they are in.

So I am confused.com!

Regards

Mike

Mike

Sponsored Links
Ha fixed that, the problem was a blown fuse for the PIR's on the control panel.

Just out of interest when I am fannying around with PIR's etc should I disconnect the mains power & battery?

Thanks & regards,

Mike

no, you should not cut the pir cable all in one go, and always strip connect each wire one at a time.

or take the 12v aux fuse out, but sometimes you may forget to put it back, so see first option

Breezer thanks for your post.

What I was doing was moving a PIR so I had to disconnect all the wires to it. To save time/because I am incompetent, I didn't disconnect the control panel from the mains or disconnect. So when I disconnected the wires it blew the aux fuse.

So I guess in future I should completely power down the control panel before messing with any PIR's, magnetic contacts or keypads???

Regards

Mike

Sponsored Links
Just disconnect the wire/wires that go to the AUX +12V. Then do whatever.

easier to take the aux fuse out (if you must) but the "sevret" is not to let any wires touch in the first place and cut them one at a time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back