Texecom Veritas Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installed a Veritas six months ago for a friend (yes, I know, I should have known better) and everything has been fine since. He came to set it yesterday and was presented with the keypad display: ' Code accepted. Enter Command'. Resetting takes it back to disarmed but subsequent code inputs gives the same result. Never had this before on a Veritas or Premier so before I go round and try a factory reset I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Do you have single button arm enabled?
You might just try pressing FULL at the prompt
there are others more experienced in the Texecom panels butthese are my initial thoughts

Texecom veritas excel ?
Code and full.
Do not do default on system until you are sure you need to default.
Why do people think defaulting solves the problem?

This may help

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221129-114807_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20221129-114807_Samsung Notes.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 60
Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the replies guys.

I have only installed a few Premiers (including my own) before I retired (retirement, you know,- eight hours a day, seven days a week to do what you want.........dream on!) and this was the only Veritas I've done. Programming was so easy and straight forward and for this particular installation was not complicated......and he did elect not to have one button arming.

For sure, when I commissioned, arming was not followed by that prompt as my friend has now also confirmed, but as suggested, selecting 'full' or 'part' after it, arms the system as it should. Why it has suddenly started doing it now will have to remain one of the 'little mysteries of the universe'.

This system is so basic and straight forward defaulting (when all else fails) would have quick and easy to re-programme - but I get a lie in tomorrow now anyway.

Think the issue is command is only asked for when you log into engineering menus or user menus. This has always been the case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back