Texecom XT/QD/PW EOL wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have Texecom Premier 24 Wirless Panel and would like to connect 3 Texecom XT/QD/PW to it using EOL wiring. Something I have not done before.

Each PIR would be on its own zone.

How do you wire as end of line resistors.

How does the panel know when EOL resistors are used or the tamper circuit terminals have been used. Or do I wire both

Which of the two zone terminals is zone and which is common.

The resistors goes in common?

Sponsored Links
Did you not get the instructions with the product?

so you have some hard wired detectors you are connecting to the panel?

The Texecom detectors usually have built in resistors and you select them with jumpers, you want 4k7 and 2k2.

Wiring as per the manual supplied with the devices.

At default any zone setup on the premier 24 / Elite 24 etc are default wiring type double pole/ eol which is what you need for the 4k7 across alarm and 2k2 for the end of line.

The premier 24 only has two terminals at the panel so the only thing to watch for is the correct connections at the detector and that the zone is set correctly ie guard/ guard access or whatever you want thepir's function to be.

Hi secureiam

Yes, I did get instructions, and have now found the answer.

I am really struggling with the instructions. Some parts require you to assume certain things.

//media.diynot.com/225000_224714_86645_39943282_thumb.jpg

The arrow is so vague I was not sure which terminal.

I cannot afford to blow the panel.

Thanks for replying

Just to confuse you a bit more, your Premier 24 panel wont have 4 terminals per zone like on the picture you posted, the 24 just has 2 terminals for each zone and a common tamper for all zones.

You'll wire each PIR into Z1, Z2, Z3 etc.

Sponsored Links
That diagram is showing the resistance at the pir and the connections at the panel.

you don't have to worry about the panel end as it only has two terminals.

you cant blow the panel as you put by putting the alarm cables from the panel to the detector.

The worst case you could do is blow a fuse, by messing up the power terminals and causing a short, but these are self ressetable on the panel.

The only fuses is where the mains fits the fused spur, or in the plug, and in the panel where the mains connects to the panels only blowable fuse (there should also be a replacement fuse in the pack), you can get packs of these fuses for a few quid online.

the connections at the detector end should be in the manual that came with the detector and each one does come with a manual.

also the manuals should be on the cd that came with the panel.

The manuals are designed really for alarm engineers that know how alarm systems work not for any body to pick it up and install the panel.

With that understanding, you can identify issues and rectify them and understand the best way to install an alarm and the manual will give a guide of what certain options will do, but doesn't tell you how to setup the alarm.

Now I get called out to many a diy job gone wrong because of the basic understanding is not there and eventually the diyer has given up beacuse of the realisation its beyond there skill set.

Now those that have done good jobs with wiring, its just a case of getting the programming right are lucky, those that mess up the wiring can in some cases look at being charged more than an install would have cost because they have to undo everything and then put it back correctly. depends on how badly it was done in the first place.

The panel is capable of oh so many things, more than half of which you are not aware of and wouldn't be aware of until something happens or you want to do something a little special.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back