Texecon Communicators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi People,

I have a Tex Prem 48 Panel with COM-IP at the moment. I use Wintex, and use the COM IP to send alarm events to a server, etc.

Anyway I am moving out and renting my house, I would still like to be able to access the Alarm from Programming new users, etc. Remotely. I cant rely on the tenants to have internet, so need to move over to a PSTN solution.

I see two devices.

Texecom Premier COM300
Texecom Premier COM2400

I am having trouble finding the difference. I take it both hard wire to a PSTN line.

Any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
Com300 & Com2400 are both hard wire to a standard analogue phone line and can be used with Wintex to upload/download. Both are 8 channel & can report events to an Alarm Receiving Centre using Fast Format, Contact ID or SIA.

Com2400 comunicates at 2400 baud rate and can send text messages to a mobile. Text messages use TAP over the phone line so not very reliable.

Com300 communicates at 300 baud so slower than the 2400 and can't send text messages.

I'm not aware of any other differences.

Paul

dont bother with the comm 300 far too slow for upload/ download stick with the 2400 you can pick one up on ebay for around a tenner.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back