Thank You so much, DVLA

GRC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got my vehicle tax renewal advice this morning, and those nice folk at the DVLA had included a leaflet about the Congestion Charge in London.

That was really good of them, considering that I live a couple of miles outside Edinburgh....

Regards, Graham

Sponsored Links
brown-nought said:
Maybe ken has bigger plans? :evil:
You maybe right because my local council are also interested in this and before you know it, it will be everywhere, thank you Ken

GRC Got my vehicle tax renewal advice this morning, and those nice folk at the DVLA had included a leaflet about the Congestion Charge in London.

That was really good of them, considering that I live a couple of miles outside Edinburgh....
I think that was a good idea only cost the printing of the leaflet, & it does mean that he is targeting car owners not TV views. :idea:

Sponsored Links
what about the congestion caused by people queing up to pay the congestion charge!

Thats wasy you pay it on line. My local council lets you pay parking fines on line, although I dont think you get it cheaper. :LOL:

You know how on the first day of CC the online system went boots up and people couldn't pay when they got home (it's ok just so long as you do it on the day). Those who were picked up on camera got fines.

Did they clear those fines in the end or did they make them pay?

if all the country got rid of speed humps and the type where only 1 car can get thru at a time, think of the amount of driving time what could be saved, and all the fuel what aint burnt

Ah, but you would have to lay off car mechanics as less suspension damage, tyre wear and engine wear would occur.

Plus all those people who have got so used to "Neeeeeurgh, clunk. Neeeeerugh, clunk. Neeeeeeeeurgh, clunk." wouldn't be able to sleep at night if cars just went "swish"

AdamW said:
Plus all those people who have got so used to "Neeeeeurgh, clunk. Neeeeerugh, clunk. Neeeeeeeeurgh, clunk." wouldn't be able to sleep at night
is that the neighbours Adam? ;) going by the previous post regarding dropping the clutch :)

Sponsored Links
Back