The Budget 2024.

Personally I would want to see our political system changed so this country can make long term plans + a massive change to our weak system which allows governments to be controlled by lobbyists and vested interests

I don’t mind tax rises provided the money is spent on long term infrastructure improvements run by the state for the benefit of people

Why do we now have the biggest tax burden since WW2 yet public services at point of collapse…..my guess is the money is all ending up in the hands of sovereign wealth funds.

The rich are getting richer and our taxes aren’t going on public services it doesn’t take a genius to work out where TF it’s going

Sponsored Links
Pensioners are the only voting base the Tories have left.
Must be a f'cking lot of them then for them to end up with the 80 seat majority they won in the last GE. What happened to all those students and Brexit vote changelings like yourself who were going to vote the Tories out and Labour in - too cock sure to go out and vote were they? :ROFLMAO:

I don't follow the news much these days, so I hadn't really realised how bad things had got. We've now had seven quarters with essentially zero economic growth! It's no wonder things are so tight for this budget.

1709725542512.png

Sponsored Links
General view is 2p off NI. There has already been another and a pundit mentioned Boris upping it and why in his term.

BBC went through civic spending. Certain areas are protected and show marginal increases over several years. Peak 1%. They then looked at what would be needed to cover the cost in unprotected areas. Comes out at ~ -3% on all.

The Tory are fond of saying business often reduce costs and may even mention by 10%. It's rubbish without expense and rare even then. This sort of thing has been said to councils. It would also be very interesting to see what effect the changes in council tax distribution since they were made several years ago. B'ham have mentioned a rather large reduction. Councils in general - the majority are having money problems. Some so far just eating away reserves. A Tory man drove a reporter around his patch in South. Kent? Potholes, £800m short.

What a shower of ****e. He even said it during his speech about giving the public more money in their pocket to boost the economy and give them the choice and options instead of an inefficient government squandering and wasting billions. So what did they do to demonstrate that sentiment. Nothing. Britain is fcked We have blue Labour Labour and that's about it. Reform is only ever going to fall out with the moneymakers and manipulators.

I listened to the whole hour. Over all could have been more like 15min if the bluster was removed.

Odd indirect indication that people were better off ignoring prices that are stuck at high levels. Mentioned the importance of gdp /capita but it seems they have a crap record on that. There is another option a low wage economy. That way more people can produce more at lower cost usually using cheaper kit. TBH I think the UK has had that thought for a long time earlier on but it doesn't wash any more.

;) Produce per capita. The answer for public services. Generally IT related now mentioning AI which it seems will allow consultant perform way more operation. £b for the NHS to update IT, police can use IT and drones. Local gov similar LOL if drones can handle dustbins. Councils have had huge cuts taking all applied over a number of years.

Lots of millions, various amounts mentioned for a variety of things. Canary Warf gets a rather nice levelling up hand out. No indication of changes to spending per head variation across the country.

The 2p off NI it seems will put another 200,000 in work. I find that a bit odd. The increased income is far better for some one who earns say 40k against 20. In fact lower earners loose out.

Seems the budget in total has very little excess over 4 to 5year period predictions and some planned increases just don't stack up, too low. Hunt mentioned Labour the party of tax increases far too many times.

Child allowance was interesting. Increased both the threshold and the taper point. He also mentioned the lack of a joint income aspect being unfair. This seemed to mean that joint incomes need to be considered - but not yet. I would have thought that it might go down as well as Mrs T's Poll Tax did which in some ways was rather logical. In that case some households paid more. Child allowance - some will get less or so it appears.

Problem for all parties is the aging population taking up more and more resources.

Not that any of them will admit that

Problem for all parties is the aging population taking up more and more resources.

An ageing population coupled with low economic growth. Can the growth part be altered going forward, or is this the new normal? I'm talking about the West as a whole, not just the UK

Must be a f'cking lot of them then for them to end up with the 80 seat majority they won in the last GE. What happened to all those students and Brexit vote changelings like yourself who were going to vote the Tories out and Labour in - too cock sure to go out and vote were they? :ROFLMAO:

I wasn’t talking about the last election

Only 10 per cent of voters under the age of 50 intend to vote Conservativein the next general election, according to a poll.

Conservatives have a solution for that: austerity and poverty

And Labours policy is ?

As far as I can tell do you really think the extra taxes aren’t being spent on the things I mentioned ?

Unless you take your blinkers off you’re going to have a few nasty surprises if Labour have a majority

The problem is giving bribes to try to stay in power.

Rather than just saying we cant afford to give much away so we might as well use it to help the country.

Sponsored Links
Back