• Yes, it'll be brilliant and last years

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It'll be OK and last a year or two

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • It'll be a right strain and last about a year

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It'll be a complete mess and it'll last a few months

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • It'll be a complete disaster and collapse in weeks.

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can it really work when they the Tories and Lib Dems are sworn enemies?

Sponsored Links
Well i wouldnt describe them as 'sworn enemies', they are ideologically not on top of each other but there plenty of common ground.

Since the Lib Dems are desperate to get into power, and have the voting system changed, ther're not going to rock the boat, not while there still sitting at the big table.

Personally I think Cameron and Clegg will do their best - but they both have baggage in their respective parties - and many will want to scupper the deal.

Sponsored Links
Part of the agreement is they are going to change the law and make parliments fixed term four years long, and this coalition will last that long.

Could be the end of the Lib Dems, who's gonna vote for them again?

No actually, it could be the end of Labour. The libdems waned from power i nteh 1920's as labour rose, by attracting the working class. If the Lib dems play there cards right, and get some form of PR, it may well cut into the labour vote. As the votes stand, this result would give seats in the ratio one seat per 35,000 votes, that would give Con 282 seats, Lab 226, LibDems 141 seats

Lib Dem voters are the traditional tory defectors, who cannot bring themselves to vote labour.
The coalition should work.

Back