The felting goes UP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This old house has two tiled roofs, and where they meet they flow into a wide fibreglass channel. In recent times they were re-felted, and on one side the lip of the channel is higher than the rafters. The roofers nailed the battens down below the channel lip, leaving a dip in the sheeting which they then drained at one end, into a plastic beaker in the roof space :) Yes really.

So now, what can I do? I was thinking take off the bottom batten, add another one below the sheeting and refix, but that doesn't give the dip in the sheeting between rafters. Any thoughts please? Is this a familiar problem?

Roof 20230926_135903.jpg

Sponsored Links
Ply wood sheet with roofing felt over then roof tiles?

Not my area tbh.

This old house has two tiled roofs, and where they meet they flow into a wide fibreglass channel. In recent times they were re-felted, and on one side the lip of the channel is higher than the rafters. The roofers nailed the battens down below the channel lip, leaving a dip in the sheeting which they then drained at one end, into a plastic beaker in the roof space :) Yes really.

So now, what can I do? I was thinking take off the bottom batten, add another one below the sheeting and refix, but that doesn't give the dip in the sheeting between rafters. Any thoughts please? Is this a familiar problem?

View attachment 341053
There should be a plywood tray at the bottom along with a angle fillet kicker, for the roof material to be dressed onto. This should run up the roof to the equivalent depth of about 150mm vertically...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back