The Guy At Number Three.....

S

Shutpa

.......has a big white van which is parked outside his house near the entrance of our very narrow street - a cul-de-sac - for every hour of the day throughout the year. It never moves.
And after 3 years of it being parked there, I have never given it much thought. True, if I'm driving into the street, I may have to wait if someone is driving out, and if I'm driving out, I may have to wait to let another car drive in.
But it is bugging those who live in the adjacent houses. Apparently they have been to the police and have been told that as long as the vehicle "Is taxed, insured, (not old enough for an MOT), and is not parking on single or double yellow lines" then the owner of the vehicle has as much right as anyone else to park there. It was only when I drove home tonight that I realised how big a problem it is. But what to do :?: :?: :?:

PS Please don't suggest having a friendly chat with him, one neighbour has already tried.

Sponsored Links
Lawfully, as you suggest, there is not much you can do. If the vehicle is street legal & parked correctly, it has every right to be there as any other.

I have just changed vans. The old one is still outside my house - fleet have not picked it up yet. It is street legal & parked fine. But the neighbours are miffed. I've told them it will be picked up ASAP, that's all I can do.

I can't really suggest anything - you've tried talking to him. OOI, what response did your neighbour get??

Would flat tyres be considered un-roadworthy? Just wondered? ;)

Superglue matchsticks in his locks then break them off and push them right in.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes:

Charming :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wouldn't that make it even harder to move ? :eek:

Ed

... To continue: walk to the door of the owner of the offending cat, empty the bag on to the middle of the doorstep and leave for a few seconds to bring out the flavour. Ring the doorbell and casually try to walk away ignoring the protestations. Wait for 24 hours when, with any luck the For Sale sign should appear.

not much in the way of good neighbours down your way.

not much in the way of good neighbours down your way.

He is the last of the bad. When another neighbour tried to reason with him and suggest that he use a parking bay 30 yards away (in our street), he was told in no uncertain manner what to do with it. Anyway, I only became involved because of my apparent success with our new, now ex neighbour who kept cats. However, I do have a plan and hope to get the ball rolling tonight at precisely 6 o'clock.

I drive a hightop Transit van with a 12ft glass rack on the side. Most days I have to park it where I can because of other parked cars in the street, but if ever a neighbour politely asks me to move it I do so without batting an eyelid and I usually offer an apology to them if I've made the mistake of parking it too close to their driveways.

TBH This guy sound like a bit of a muppet but you should be careful. If I was to catch somebody p1ssing about with my van I would be on them like a tonne of bricks.
I consider myself to be a very laid back person but when I do lose my temper I really lose it. Especially when its somebody else's lack of respect for my things and my property.

Have you tried talking to the bloke like a human being? Perhaps he's fed up with the constant bad vibe from his neighbours?

Find out if the vehicle is insured, if it isnt it should not be parked on the public highway.

try http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx[/QUOTE]

http://www.askmid.com/askmid.aspx said:
I confirm that the vehicle detailed above is registered, owned or insured by either my employer or myself and is regularly driven by me. I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without reasonable cause and if I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1988. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry. I agree to the terms of use as stated on this web site.

How far is he parked from the corner on the road ?

If i recall, it's either 15 foot or 15 yds, think it's feet, less than that is/ was illegal.

you can complain to the police and they can ticket it as it`s causing an obstruction to " your " right to park there, its a myth that anyone can park anywhere at any time

If that were even only slightly true, EVERYONE would be ringing the police, complaining that someone was obstructing "their" right to park outside their own house & the police would be ticketing drivers for it.

Surely not??

Sponsored Links
Back