The hot water from our taps is discolored and smells funny?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
10 days ago one of our expansion tanks leaked badly in the night and was replaced the next day. At the time of the leak I turned off the water supply and turned on all the hot taps to empty the tank.

The system we have is a Santon unvented cylinder with 2 expansion vessels above. 1 has a pressure guage attached and the other (which has been replaced) does not.

Since changing the expansion tank the hot water has been smelling of metal and a dirty yellow colour. I have bled the expansion tanks.

I do not know what is causing all the sediments to come out in the water.
2 years ago we had a new tank as we had this problem before!

Help

Sponsored Links
Since changing the expansion tank the hot water has been smelling of metal and a dirty yellow colour. I have bled the expansion tanks.

Help

I wonder why you have been touching these?

Are you qualified and do you know what you were doing?

I suggest you call a G3 qualified plumber or heating engineer to check what problems you have caused!

Tony

Ok

I had a plumber replace the tank who then talked me through bleeding the tanks next day when I called him with reference the problem.

He is now on holiday.

Sponsored Links
In that case you should call him back off his holiday!

When I go on holiday I arrange engineer backup and ensure the telephone is answered or customers are called back!

Can you describe EXACTLY what bleeding you did?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back