The killer within

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think that's what it was called. It was on the TV the other day. Four celebs took DNA samples to be analysed to find out if they had a range of genetic disorders such as Alzheimer's, cancer, heart disease, thrombosis etc.

If such a test was available at the local quacks - would you take it? Would you want to know you had a 1-in-4 chance of Alzheimer's at 65? Or heart disease at 70?

We all have to die of something, so would you like the chance to try to reduce your risk with a lifestyle change?

I'd take it without a second thought. How about you?

Sponsored Links
Had an alzheimers test the other week but for the life of me cant remember what they said.

Sponsored Links
Isn't it a fact that you've always had a passing interest in the future? Seriously though joe-90, despite the fact that healthy living via healthy eating and exercise is very much to the fore nowadays, obesity is a growing problem. Even without the DNA test most people are aware that the future is very much dependent on present lifestyles. Do they care? Well, the 'fit families' do but the others, those that ignore the warnings, just gorge on regardless. I have a friend who is a perfect example. Two months ago after a night out he asked me to stop at the 'chipper' to get something for his supper. I kid you not - his supper consisted of two fish suppers and a pie supper! OK he's a big guy, but this was way OTT.

I agree with you on this one but that DOES NOT MEAN to say that I agree with you on all aspects of the future.

I happen to believe that the future hasn't been written yet ... Very Star Trek I know ;)

It does mean though that we can make it whatever we want it to be.

MW

I thought you were ignoring my threads?

Go back and have a look at the agreement. It includes threads started by me or by you.

Isn't this typical of you, check again.

The last post of yours I replied to was ...

Why don't you set a good example and ignore me?

Tell you what. I won't respond to any of your posts if you don't respond to mine. We can totally ignore each other.

And that is exactly what I will do ... Ignore any posts made by you.

I will, of course, be replying to others.

Hope this is clear now.

MW

Isn't this typical of you, check again.

Tell you what. I won't respond to any of your posts if you don't respond to mine. We can totally ignore each other.

Hope this is clear now.

MW

This was the deal:

"And that includes making banal comments about my posts too. We can TOTALLY ignore each other. I won't contribute to any thread that you start or comment on any post that you make. I expect the same in return."

This was the deal:

"And that includes making banal comments about my posts too. We can TOTALLY ignore each other. I won't contribute to any thread that you start or comment on any post that you make. I expect the same in return."
Errm ... Nope ... That was just a statement you made.

Hope this is clear now.

MW

It's clear which poster lacks personality. I can live without you but it appears that you can't do likewise. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back