The last days of Sodom and Gomorrah

Think cold weather might have cooled things down a bit. Good job too as they have to hose the streets of bournemouth down about 4am to get rid of vomit/ urine etc. Our local has extended licence but they closed up as no serious drinkers were available. Think warmer times will see the magaluff culture in full swing. Though I cant see hoards of foriegners jetting in to drink our pricey beer as our local tourist board as suggested. I find it hilarious that this is meant to create a caf'e society, the idea that a pub will stay open longer while a few regulars chat over a bottle of wine :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Not so long ago they used to have signs up saying NO students.
Cheeers :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I think most of it is a storm in a teas cup. The biggest problem was always the younger drinkers, usually, but not always, males, who out with their friends often got themselves into drinking competitions. They would try to drink X number of pints in a session..I think that when your young you have this idea that to be a "drinker" you must consume at least 6 pints a session..or something like that anyway.

With longer opening times you will see this same amount consumed over longer periods, peope will likely eat properly before rushing to the pub..as was done before and generally i think things will iprove and the doom mongers and nay-sayers will be proved wrong.

This is not to say there will not be some problems associated with it, but generally I think the Police will eventually report a drop in Alcohol related arrests in the late evening and early morning.

Sponsored Links
Back