The Magnacleanse flushing system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting quotes for a new boiler and one of the RGIs has said he would use a magnacleanse to clean the system rather than a chemical clean or a powerflush. The magnacleanse appeals to me as it promises to remove a decent amount of sludge, but is a lot more gentle on the pipework than a powerflush - my pipework is about 30 years old, and downstairs is all under chipboard flooring, so wouldn't want to rip this up if a powerflush does any damage. The main downside of the magnacleanse as I see it (yet a touch of genius from Adey) is that the RGI would need to install fitments for the magna clean in order to fit a magna cleanse, so the customer has to buy and upkeep a magna clean.

Has anyone ever had a magna cleanse without having to have a magna clean fitted afterwards? Surely there'd be a way of connecting it to a system without using the Adey valves? Another thing is he said they normally fit new boiler then magna cleanse afterwards, which souds like madness to me. Why risk any magnetite going round your brand new boiler when you could do it on the old system beforehand. I don't want the magna clean to be fitted afterwards as I don't see the point in them. I'm getting mostly all new radiators as part of the work anyway.

On a side note, another RGI said a powerflush wasn't necessary (although he didn't test any system water) and just said to lob in a cleaner a week before he'd do the job. This sounded a bit too laid back for me!

Sponsored Links
yes you can rig it up to work without the Magna clean, we do this sometimes.

Although the Magna Clean Pro 2 is a good bit of kit to provide future protection for your new boiler.

Where in Durham are you WE CAN QUOTE ha ha :LOL:

Saying that if you are mostly getting new radiators a cheap and effective way of cleaning the old rads left is taking them outside and emptying them out.

whichever way you clean the system, powerflush , magna clense or whatever you will never get 100% of contamination out so you would be well advised to have a magnetic filter installed to maintain protection to your new boiler, modern boilers do-not like dirty water some are more tolerant than others but for all it costs I would have one installed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back