The National

• Thread starter Soggy_weetabix
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
i just don't get horses, horse racing or anything else horses for that matter.

they cost loads of money to stable and train.

cost loads to transport to the races and feed up.

cost loads in vet bills and keep.

the winnings for some races are peanuts. am i missing something or is owning a racehorse a rich mans sport.

as for betting, the bookies are never short are they?

never marry a woman who is into horses. Peppermint will always come first.

the french have it sussed with their cheval meat paste factories.

Very long answer for an easy question.

Ranting aside...how did you get on?

Dave

sorry about the rant. :oops:

i don't gamble. it is far too complex and unpredictable. well, apart from the fact that the bookies never lose.

Sponsored Links
i don't gamble and hate horse racing.... however, i did do two sweeps at work ( :oops: ), and they both fell, one at the 2nd and one at the 4th fence....

if the lotto was the other way round and everyone won apart from one ticket, i'd buy the losing ticket !

I worked with horses many years ago (not in the racing game) and I consider the National to be a waste of good horses, so many have been killed over the years. :(

Racing in general I don't have a problem with but the National is a very demanding course.

My dad backed the winner. He asked my brother to tell him the name of number 33 as that is the year he was born. Turned out it was Comply or Die. Doubly ironic as he is currently seriously ill in hospital.
I went to the National in 1992 with some mates. They were all hardened gamblers who backed horses on a daily basis. I trounced them. I had a winner in every race(apart from the National) based on just liking the horses name. So much for the Form.

Its only horse race i bet on like most, but got 1st 3rd and 4th :LOL: . Wish i had put more money on now :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back