The rise of islam...

I

imamartian

..i started a new thread, so as not to hijack the current 'poppy' thread...

OK, so islam is due to inheret the Earth. And the west will be subsumed in it's rise?

But haven't we missed something?...... i.e. China? China is vast, and soon to overtake the states in so many statistical ways.... include spend on their military.

And without doing the research, i think China is mostly buddhist? plus many many religions, including islam..... so how will China deal with and islamic uprising?

Sponsored Links
Sell them cheap rubbish like they do us.

China has a multitude of religions, including, buddhism, Taoism, confucianism, Islam, Christianity etc.

But I think communism has probably made most Chinese into Atheists.

China cracks down hard on dissent, the Uyghurs are mainly Muslim and are often repressed by the authorities.

Cheers

G

so will China resist an islamic uprising? or will it allow islam to infiltrate?

Sponsored Links
I think resist initially, but as they move more and more to a market driven economy, it will make them more liberal.

When that happens it will make it more difficult for draconian crackdowns.

I think at what point the oil runs out will have an influence as well.

When petroleum is no longer a huge dependency for them, they can afford to be less sensitive to opinion in countries that historically had lots of oil.

If that happens before they become too liberal, they'll probably be able to resist.

Cheers

G

. so how will China deal with and islamic uprising?
Probably in the way that we in the UK should be dealing with the insults the extremist society throw at us month after month.
Although I tend to think the Chinese will deal with this, with an SLR, a pocketful of ammunition, and a firing squad.
What better way to stop a revolt in it's tracks.
Hmmm Perhaps when I win the lottery, I'll move to China and keep myself to myself.

Due to Britain giving back sovereignty to the countries that we invaded, and crushed, and defeated, and turned to Christianity, I think they want payback.

Britian is no longer an Empire, and countries realise that, and want payback.

So with the news recently that a new submarine can't navigate, the Ark Royal being decommisioned, and the Harrier Jumpjets being flogged off, what better time to invade our country? So the Falklands are gone for a start.

The Eurofighter jet? With a faulty computer system? The Apache helicopter, with codes to access the system unavailable? If I was Government, an allegience with France? I'd be bricking it..anyone can invade easily.

To reply to the original post-
As I see it Islam has "developed" as a religion to a similiar stage that Christianity was at a couple of hundred years ago.
By that I mean that 300 years ago religion pervaded our lives on pretty much every level. Compare that with nowadays when to the vast majority religion is an irrelavance, most of us go to church for weddings and funerals at best. So I'm thinking that in 300 years time the perhaps nominally muslim nation of Britian will view islam in the same way, an irelavance with pap spouted by a few die hard imans. It's already been pointed out that many muslims can be found in the pubs and bookies and a recent conversation I had with the manager of a local resturant added fuel to my belief. He is a muslim and we got to talking about ramadan, he was going to observe the fasting during daylight but more out of respect for his parents than for any set belief that it was really a neccessary and right thing to do.
The sooner the whole world drops this religion and all religions and moves forward cannot come too soon in my eyes.

Their religion/culture is less than 1500 years old. Pretty new as far as religion is concerned. In the 1500s Christianity was slaughtering, butchering and burning at the stake any sort of heresy.
The Western culture, based upon christianity has moved on in an enlightened way of tollerance and justice for all.
Islam is stuck in the old testament, with all of its bloodthirsty intollerance,vengance and retribution, which they believe is the true path to eternal salvation.
I really can not see a solution to this schism between the two cultures, apart from genocide or waiting for god knows how many centuries for them to catch up from being medieval to being enlightened
Enlightenment and education must surely kill off the concept of some sort of supreme being controlling all of our fates.
Its just a matter of time. But it will be a long time. Unless of course there is a second coming
;)

If you want to see an interesting programme go to 4 OD and look for "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins.

Richard Dawkins is God.
:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Back