The Stupid-19 virus

This bit.

Not testing enough is of course going to miss those with mild symptoms, but there is no evidence and I also couldn't find any credible research to suggest anyone is even making the claim, that it will result in under reporting fatality rates. However, fatal infections seem to be lasting from 2 - 8 weeks according to the W.H.O. Far too few critically ill people are recovering.

In terms of critical care, how on earth does a hospital prepare for intake that may be in hospital for such a wide deviation. Crazy situation.

It's not opinion as you suggest. I have been pointing out many times that we are undereporting deaths. If prominent cases are not being recorded, how many are slipping under the radar?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-emerges-as-a-hotspot-for-coronavirus-deaths

The figures emerged amid continuing confusion over the number of virus-related deaths after NHS England changed how the data was reported and it emerged that people dying at home of suspected cases were not included.

However, some prominent cases do not appear to be reflected in the figures, such as that of Kayla Williams, a 36-year-old mother from Peckham, who died just before paramedics arrived and was recorded by them as a possible Covid-19 case.

Chloe Middleton, the 21-year-old from Buckinghamshire whose family said on Wednesday she died after contracting coronavirus, also does not appear to be recorded in the figures.

An NHS England source said the likely cause of people missing from the statistics is that the daily figures only include those who tested positive in hospital.

The UK is only testing people for coronavirus in hospital, so people dying at home or in care homes with symptoms of the disease will be missing from the overall figures.

Sponsored Links
Question if some one catches it and recovers will they test positive? If not you may never know how many have caught it.

Next is shops, I now my son-in-law was very thankful when his store closed, as people are still paying with cash, and no barriers up. But the store actually closed because the main supply transformer failed, I am sure many thought closed because of virus, but no, all frozen goods had to be transferred to freezer wagons while waiting for power to be restored, and with not lighting or tills, it was impossible to open.

When I was a lad we had bread, milk, coal, and Corona pop delivered to the door, for a short time also fresh veg, but today it is not part of a round, but a delivery of all supermarket goods, not sure if rules changed, but you had to spend £25 in Iceland to get free delivery, and even that was not picked by the store, you selected and paid, then they dropped it off at the door.

In Hong Kong in the Park&Shop the store workers were never seen, centre of shelves was a passage for the workers, shoppers walked around the outside, so you never picked up an item to look at, as likely you could not return it to self as already some worker had replenished the stock, and only person you dealt with was at checkout, no pallet trucks in the shoppers way, and very little walking required to get around the shop, as stock in stock rooms not on the shelves.

In UK the shopper hunts through the stock on shelves to get longest sell by date, Hong Kong that was not possible. The whole infrastructure is different, so few live in the UK we can waste space, that was not an option in Hong Kong, even in the UK towns and cities very different to small villages, I could have still got a milkman in North Wales, in fact until 2017 we did, but in Mid Wales, no chance.

We are told venerable people are on a list in English shops, but we are not English so not on the list.

Also as we are not testing enough, we are not recording all covid related deaths. People present with all symptoms and before test is returned (taking about 3 days) the patient dies. A dr cannot put a suspected cause of death on a certificate so put it down as pneumonia or other complications.

So our real death rates are far higher as our real infection rate.
I'd you were using the death certificates alone then maybe, but that is not the only way that hospitals are monitoring and tracking Covid-19. Each NHS trust has a research team which have been switched over from researching other things to tracking Covid-19 for the innumerable scientific studies underway.

Also this sounds like armchair assessment. You might be a doctor or coroner, it's the internet, no one knows. But it'd be interesting to see if a medical professional agrees with your concerns.

I'd you were using the death certificates alone then maybe, but that is not the only way that hospitals are monitoring and tracking Covid-19. Each NHS trust has a research team which have been switched over from researching other things to tracking Covid-19 for the innumerable scientific studies underway.

Also this sounds like armchair assessment. You might be a doctor or coroner, it's the internet, no one knows. But it'd be interesting to see if a medical professional agrees with your concerns.

From my post above. I suggest if you are interested to speak to GPs on the frontline.

"An NHS England source said the likely cause of people missing from the statistics is that the daily figures only include those who tested positive in hospital.

The UK is only testing people for coronavirus in hospital, so people dying at home or in care homes with symptoms of the disease will be missing from the overall figures."

Sponsored Links
From my post above. I suggest if you are interested to speak to GPs on the frontline.
GPs aren't on the front line for the most part. They're closer to combat support arms in that analogy. After all GPs aren't able or supposed to be diagnosing it and they aren't treating it and they won't be writing the death certificates for the most part as they won't be treating suspected Covid-19 people.

GPs aren't on the front line for the most part. They're closer to combat support arms in that analogy. After all GPs aren't able or supposed to be diagnosing it and they aren't treating it and they won't be writing the death certificates for the most part as they won't be treating suspected Covid-19 people.

I suspect you work in Health Service IT in a hospital?

GPs are the front line- primary care. About 80% of patient inteaction is with their GP.

So GPs do not have patients who are suspected COVID isolating who need care? They are not visiting them?

So how do you treat a person who has underlying problems who is self isolating needs regular injections? Do you bring them into Hospital? Or does the GP go see them? When they die what can the GP put on the death cert?

How do you diagnose Covid in absence of a test?

Treating it? We can only treat the symptoms.

If the person is suspected covid and dies - do we test after they die?

Im not working for the NHS at the moment but have a few links into them. I do know enough of it, and enough different parts of the NHS to know that there's a lot more complexity there. Just because a GP, or even one of the 7,000 or so NHSE staff, doesn't know it's happening doesn't mean it is.

Back