The TPS doesn't work.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Discuss.

The following number(s) is/are already registered with the TPS
01302******: has been registered as a Residential number.

So why do I keep getting international calls, withheld calls, 08000 numbers, 087** numbers, calling me all the ferking time? Its a pain in the bottom, and I'm fed up with it.

Sponsored Links
it can take a month or two to filter through

International calls are not subject to UK law.

If they are UK callers, tease them a bit, find out who the company is, get what details they are, then write a complaint to TPS and after a few months they might get fined and you will be very pleased.

If you can't be bothered, interrupt by saying "what company are you calling from? (write it down) Why are you phoning me? Where did you get my number? Are you aware of the TPS? Why don't you obey it?" and they will probably go away and make a note that you are an awkward customer who should be avoided

If you really can't be bothered, just put the phone down, walk away for a few minutes, when you come back they will have gone.

p.s. if they have an 0800 (freephone) number keep phoning them back and it will cost them a bit of money

If people are working from old databases you will get them.
When I buy databases, I might use them for 2/3 years, although you are not supposed to, although if we call or mail & get a responce to remove then we delete it from our list.

I have been registered with TPS for a good few years and get only the occasional call, if you get a call just tell them you are with TPS and they usually apologise and leave you alone, if they persist I ask for the name of the operator, their supervisor, the address of the company etc etc. They can't get off the phone quick enough then :LOL:

Sponsored Links
when we moved house back in feb we got quite a few calls per week from random organisations. I registered with the TPS shortly afterwards and I cant remember when I last got a phone call from someone who we dont deal with. Must be working :)

we had a letter from our bank asking would we give our permission for them to call us (we are TPS registered) the bank was the reason we registered with the TPS

I am with TPS but was getting persistant calls from an old lender, Capital Bank. Whenever I spoke they asked me to confirm who I was. So I asked them what my password was. (I don't have one really). The lad got all flustered and asked why I needed a password.

I told him that any company who I wanted to call me had my password. I wouldn't know for certain he was from Capital Bank unless he knew my password.......

"But I am calling you from Capital Bank's office in Northampton!"

"Password please?" Says I....

"Oh F.F.S" He responds and rings off.

Never had a call since!! ;) ;)

We've found the TPS to work. We're also not listed in the phone book though.

We also use the fax one at work, we used to get faxes advertising T-Shirts etc and they stopped as soon as I forwarded them to the FPS under their complaints system.

I'm registered with the TPS. The only calls it doesn't block are international cold calls, usually the irritating recorded message ones. On the whole, the TPS cuts cold calls by 90%.

Sponsored Links
Back