The Village Post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How many of you guys have heard of 'the village post', it's a free magazine that comes out in Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. They are normally found in Sainsburys and deliver free to certain areas.

Anyway they keep ringing me up to advertise with them, what they do is give you (you have to pay for it) an advert in their magazine for 3 months, but what they don't tell you is that unless you cancel your advert with 30 days notice, then they can charge you again. Be warned, they won't even give you thier office address, only a p.o. Box number

Andy

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the Friday - AD that started about 4 decades ago in a small printer`s shop in Uckfield . They have gone on the web - the printed ones just lie in piles @ the drop sites :cry: . So it sounds like your one is par with a Parish Mag . Allegedly.

Nortimax, if you are not in a part of the country where the Village Post circulates then you probably won't have heard of them and it won't affect you. However, I am just trying to give other tradesmen a heads up about the bad sales practices of this publication so that they do not get caught out.....unless you work for them I can't understand why you would post the response that you did.....!

they phoned me as well, never seen the magazine so told them to do one. I tell em all the same, give me one month free, if it works then i'll pay for the month and sign up for a year. They never seem interested. figures.

Sponsored Links
How many of you guys have heard of 'the village post', it's a free magazine that comes out in Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. They are normally found in Sainsburys and deliver free to certain areas.

Anyway they keep ringing me up to advertise with them, what they do is give you (you have to pay for it) an advert in their magazine for 3 months, but what they don't tell you is that unless you cancel your advert with 30 days notice, then they can charge you again. Be warned, they won't even give you thier office address, only a p.o. Box number

Andy

That is because their offices are in Spain not the UK

Worked for this company on and off for years!!! God knows why.
tHEY ARE AN ABSOLUTE JOKE OF A COMPANY, ive kept quiet long enough but now i want to warn all potential customers DO NOT EVER ADVERTISE WITH VILLAGE POST, they do not distribute they will probably charge you agin for an advert. tHEY HAVE HAD THREE PREVIOUS MAGAZINES I KNOW OF WHICH HAVE ALL LIQUIDATED... the letterbox group ltd, DOWN YOUR STREET AND THE BUSINESS PRESS.

the md is a joke he just wants a quick get in get money and get out business they are based in lincoln but have had offices in spain, Nottingham and bournemouth. Richard flawn is the md and runs it along with his daughter jess flawn who is a raving alcoholic!!! as told by her fiance who also works there Glen currie who is the sneakiest of the lot.

hOW THEY HAVENT BEEN SHUT DOWN I DO NOT KNOW??

Sounds like the Friday - AD that started about 4 decades ago in a small printer`s shop in Uckfield . They have gone on the web - the printed ones just lie in piles @ the drop sites :cry: . So it sounds like your one is par with a Parish Mag . Allegedly.
Apologies to F. Ad :idea: they are nothing like the scam you guys are on about - they could do with a better proofreader tho` ;) :p

They just called, I turned them down given their prices which didn't come close to similar free magazines in the area, poor girl sounded like she was one step away from a bottle of vodka and popping a bunch of pain killers. On a serious note: Too many scams out there, especially in print, try giving current advertisers a call to see how there campaigns are doing... You might just be in for a shock ;)

Hi guys, just to let you know this company have now re-invented themselves as County Scene. They keep on changing their name but they are the same company. The boss Richard Flawn and his alcoholic daughter Jes Flawn (aka Jade) just reinvent the company each time they have scammed enough people. They work from a call centre in Spain, do not print anywhere near the amount of mags they claim and (here's the disturbing bit) keep your credit card details and re-use them!! If you complain, you might get your money back, if you don't they've scammed you... simple as.

Google Richard Flawn and you'll get an idea of what they are about.

Don't also be fooled by the Bournemouth dialing code - it was provided to them by Telephonica in Spain and don't also be fooled when they say they have just bought the mailing list of Village Post, Down Your Street or whoever - they ARE the sme people.

How do I know? I used to work for them and yes, I am ashamed!

Sponsored Links
Back